• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 09:33:13 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Maiden City Club meet up?

Started by Jonkil, January 03, 2016, 05:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonkil

Is there any regular meetings in the city at all fellas?
We're a couple of home Brewers based in Donegal and always go to Derry (usually Thursday nights) and have a couple of pints in weatherspoons (in the diamond) and something to eat.
Pretty quiet over this side and maybe an impromptu meet up would be good and get something going.

Tom

Sounds like you've already got a meet going. Can I join?

We have a couple of one off events a year, but nothing regular.

Jonkil

Yes, no problem.
Bring the other half..... We usually meet up about 6:30pm and drink a couple of the guest ales on tap and have the mandatory "flaming dragon" curry !
Drop me a PM, exchange mobile numbers,
Jon

irish_goat

Numbers in Derry are unfortunately on the low side so we're always happy to have more people in! James from Walled City is keen to have us over as are the Grand Central and I think Wetherspoons would be open to the idea. The Ice Wharf were interested ages ago as well when I was chatting to them.

I've a nice red IPA for sampling anyway. How's next week suit people?

Jonkil

We be there every Thursday (The diamond)... So whenever it suits.
We're planning this Thursday as usual.

irish_goat

I might call up then so and I can enquire about bringing a homebrew for the next time sure. 

Tom

Sweet, if I'm in town I'll pop in also (although I'm normally an Ice Wharf man, myself).

Jonkil

Perfect lads.
We will be in around 6:30pm and usually downstairs as there is always more selection of "proper beer" on tap downstairs.
Usually at the back at the raised dining area.... Just bark out and ask are we Jon & Julio... wives will be on tow too !
If I had an idea of numbers coming along I would go along early and keep a few seats.

irish_goat

Always sit downstairs myself as well. Could be myself and my brother, I'll let you know later in the week.  :)

Jonkil

100%... Sort of an introductory in any case.
Everyone welcome to come along, maybe something regular (with tasting sessions) comes from it... in any case, be nice to meet up with fellow Brewers.
Drop a reply to this thread and I'll try and keep us a few seats before Thursday.
BTW, curry mandatory (for us gang anyway)......
See you there.

Will_D

Photos pleaser as its great to put faces to the names.

Great that another local group is forming - its the way ahead!

Our 'spoons are dead keen for us to help push forward craft beer and homebrweing to both of our advantages. Introduce yourselves to the manager and take it from there. Note it helps when you say that you are just a small local group from the 1500 plus homebrewers on this island!
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Jonkil

OK,
Will pop a pic up on this thread if we get more than us usual two amigos !
JD'Spoons is the only bar to get any real ales around here, but still 20 mile trip from my home!... and to boot, the food isn't bad either and the value is superb..... so hopefully they're receptive of us meeting up there.
We'll see.

Quote from: Will_D on January 05, 2016, 11:51:03 AM
Photos pleaser as its great to put faces to the names.

Great that another local group is forming - its the way ahead!

Our 'spoons are dead keen for us to help push forward craft beer and homebrweing to both of our advantages. Introduce yourselves to the manager and take it from there. Note it helps when you say that you are just a small local group from the 1500 plus homebrewers on this island!

Jonkil

Really good to meet up with Brendan and Tom tonight at weatherspoons in the diamond this evening.
Few pints, nice meal and a really good chat about home brewing and other things !
Agreed, regular meeting once a month, beginning 21st January and details to follow soon from Tom & Brendan.
Hopefully seeds set to have a brewing night, food night, music night and beer night at the finn valley flying club  based in Convoy co.Donegal at a date to be set soon.
Thanks lads for a good night and here is raising a glass to a few more.

Jon and Julio.......... and wives !

Tom

Glad yous had a good night. Sorry I couldn't get down to it. Brewing-related, honest!

Hope to make it in to the next one.

irish_goat

Great meeting up with you'se! I'll give James in Walled City a call when they're open today and see if we can arrange for a fortnights time.  :)