• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 08:42:38 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

July Meet - Thursday 28th July

Started by irish_goat, July 18, 2016, 09:59:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irish_goat

How about a meet in Walled City next week? Could dander over to Spoons or the Ice Wharf after too. Brendan has a cider ready but I've nothing myself.

1. Thomas
2. Brendan (cider)

Will

I should be about for this one but have nothing myself either

1. Thomas
2. Brendan (cider)
3. William

Jonkil

Yeah, that will be grand, look forward to it. What time ?
I have a couple to try, Julio may have a wheat beer but not sure if it will be ready.

1. Thomas
2. Brendan (cider)
3. William
4. Jon (Stout & bitter)

Will

Has anybody heard of the new spot at the Guildhall where Monicos used to be? - https://www.facebook.com/Guildhalltaphouse/ Craft beers and cocktails.

irish_goat

I was in on Saturday for the opening night. It's being run by the same people behind the Grand Central. Currently has Kinnegar, Northbound, Farmageddon (wasn't available though), Dead Pony Club and a Dopey Dick tap. There's also a Guinness, Tiger and Heinken tap and the plan is to eventually have 14 draught beers. Wasn't many bottles but they do have a range of craft cans. Since it was opening night I'm not sure if the crowd is representative of what will eventually be like but it was quite old and there was a lot of people just drinking Heineken and Guinness. Hopefully gets a bit better as they'll need plenty of craft drinkers if they plan on having 14 taps. They'll be up for hosting us as well for a homebrew night.

Positive note as well, they have picnic tables outside so it'd probably be the best spot in the city centre for drinking outside if the weather is nice.

irish_goat

Quote from: Jonkil on July 22, 2016, 11:55:18 PM
Yeah, that will be grand, look forward to it. What time ?
I have a couple to try, Julio may have a wheat beer but not sure if it will be ready.

1. Thomas
2. Brendan (cider)
3. William
4. Jon (Stout & bitter)

7pm suits me but I could do anytime really.

Will

Quote from: irish_goat on July 25, 2016, 09:43:48 AM
I was in on Saturday for the opening night. It's being run by the same people behind the Grand Central. Currently has Kinnegar, Northbound, Farmageddon (wasn't available though), Dead Pony Club and a Dopey Dick tap. There's also a Guinness, Tiger and Heinken tap and the plan is to eventually have 14 draught beers. Wasn't many bottles but they do have a range of craft cans. Since it was opening night I'm not sure if the crowd is representative of what will eventually be like but it was quite old and there was a lot of people just drinking Heineken and Guinness. Hopefully gets a bit better as they'll need plenty of craft drinkers if they plan on having 14 taps. They'll be up for hosting us as well for a homebrew night.

Positive note as well, they have picnic tables outside so it'd probably be the best spot in the city centre for drinking outside if the weather is nice.

Ah I do like a bit of outside drinking. That's great news regarding the taps. Hope it kicks off and they can sustain it.

How is Blackbird doing? I was in not long ago and had Kinnegar on tap but haven't heard anything since.

irish_goat

Blackbird still has Kinnegar, Galway Bay, Northbound, Whitewater and Punk IPA, as well as a bunch of bottles. I'm not mad on the older crowd that tend to go there as well but I think that's just a general trend in Derry. Every venue seems to cater for all ages, which is grand to an extent but if a proper craft beer bar is going to emerge they can't target Guinness and Heineken drinkers.

Jonkil

7pm is good Thomas.
Great news about new venues, must visit.

Will

irish_goat

7pm! :)

James put a post up on the Walled City facebook as well so we might get a few extra recruits. He's also said he has some bottles that are near out of date that he can do us at cost price as well.

Will

Quote from: irish_goat on July 28, 2016, 10:47:19 AM
7pm! :)

James put a post up on the Walled City facebook as well so we might get a few extra recruits. He's also said he has some bottles that are near out of date that he can do us at cost price as well.

Class! I'll bring plenty of cash so lol

DCLavs

Hopefully get along to the next one.Work late sometimes so wasn't able to make it this time :(

Fatcontro11er

Great night really enjoyed trying all the beers that everyone brought very accomplished brewing!but esp enjoyed the company of the folk that turned up! Top class!!!!

Jonkil

Really good night and the walled city is a great venue.
Nice to taste all the offerings and meet new people.
Will do again soon. Thanks folks.