• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 08:35:59 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Started by Gerryjo, September 02, 2016, 02:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gerryjo

Quote from: irish_goat on September 21, 2016, 11:09:46 AM
I'd be inclined to leave it and see how it gets on. Pitching the 2nd yeast would be fine as well though, shouldn't cause any major issues.

The airlock might not bubble if the lid isn't securely closed either and CO2 is escaping that way.
I moved it to a separate fv and pitched the other yeast as there was 2 small slices where the bung fits.Fixed now with an icing nozzle and blow torch.Cheers for the advice and shall let you know how it goes.By the way I bottled the Rowan berry and is tart without hops and pitched with bread yeast to see how beer may have tasted some while ago.Shall let it sit for a bit.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Will_D

No chance of finding it round Dubland then
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Leann ull

Fraid not Prof, http://www.wildflowersofireland.net/plant_detail.php?id_flower=411
One of our local guys for some in Cork, beer made was interesting but quite bitter.

Will_D

Looks like that apart from the MRFC Hop Garden/Cider Orchard/Perry Project/+Another secret project I now need a Efin' Bog garden?

"A so Grasshoper!",  "What else will we do with our new 300 HL water storage system?" (free from our well)

I just need to find out how to tame 10 bar pumps!!
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Fatcontro11er

Was pointed to an area where the myrtle might grow!?! It needs acid wet ground- raised bog is it's ideal!!!!!
I had a couple of poor fermentation a with s33 recently they were both purchases out or near end of dates from homebrew.ie.
They probably needed A good starter!!!!!?

Gerryjo

Funny mine were out of date since the end of February and I picked them up whilst at their shop.They were both pitched dry.Read too many bad stories online and would think twice about using it again although it's my own fault for not making a starter.

Sent from my ALE-L21