• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 12:39:40 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Meetup Tuesday 24th - Sandinos

Started by Gerryjo, October 19, 2017, 01:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gerryjo

Hi folks and apologies for the short notice, meetup arranged for  Sandinos bar,Water Street just of Foyle Street for those not familiar.
All welcome.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
This Tuesday 24th October...

irish_goat

Gerryjo

Sorry heads in the clouds with work.
7.00pm back bar.

Ceedee

Great, see you there. Not sure if I have anything ready since the last meet, I have a surplus to get through before I can start anything new.

Might bring a Razorback IPA kit or a Lightning Strike Summer Ale based on a Coopers Canadian Blonde kit http://store.coopers.com.au/recipes/index/view/id/82/ so as not to be empty handed.

Gerryjo

Quote from: Ceedee on October 19, 2017, 04:51:57 PM
Great, see you there. Not sure if I have anything ready since the last meet, I have a surplus to get through before I can start anything new.

Might bring a Razorback IPA kit or a Lightning Strike Summer Ale based on a Coopers Canadian Blonde kit http://store.coopers.com.au/recipes/index/view/id/82/ so as not to be empty handed.
All sounds good.Shall bring something myself but ain't decided what yet.

brendy_éire

Quote from: Ceedee on October 19, 2017, 04:51:57 PM
Great, see you there. Not sure if I have anything ready since the last meet....

I'm interested the same boat, but might bring something.

Tom

Hmm, might manage this. Litre of bitter ale if I do, nowt, if I don't.

I've a sachet of Wheat Beer WB06 yeast that I'm not going to use if anyone wants it? Fresh, just ordered two by mistake, and it's just sitting in the fridge, looking at me, making me feel guilty about picking the other sachet over it.

Ceedee

I'm bringing along a new face, with a young cider for some feedback.

Gerryjo

Quote from: Tom on October 23, 2017, 02:01:30 PM
Hmm, might manage this. Litre of bitter ale if I do, nowt, if I don't.

I've a sachet of Wheat Beer WB06 yeast that I'm not going to use if anyone wants it? Fresh, just ordered two by mistake, and it's just sitting in the fridge, looking at me, making me feel guilty about picking the other sachet over it.
Bring it along as im sure someone will have a try with it...

irish_goat

I have 2 x M21 Wit Yeast I can bring too. Won't be using them myself.

Gerryjo

I just received an assortment of crossmyloof brewery yeast which include US pale ale,Real Ale, Kolsch, Belgian and California common all 10g dried so can swap if interested.

Ceedee

brendy_éire

Good wee meet-up now.

I've taken away a few more ideas for a making a darker, more Breton-type cider using honey and/or golden syrup.  Not sure if I'd take it as far as the treacle idea for a batch, a couple of litres maybe.

Also, fair play to Julio for his beer of the night, the very quaffable chocolate stout.

Gerryjo

Definitely had a good night and good too see new faces.As for Julio's Chocolate Stout I would quite happily paid for that over the counter.
Some nice varieties and styles and good tips to help me along.
Must say my head wasn't the bestest next day but was worth it.
I think we're agreed on December 7th though venue to be confirmed..