• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 14, 2024, 10:01:10 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

craft Range Wheat Beer

Started by The Mottly Brew, May 17, 2014, 03:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mottly Brew

I received the craft range in my shop last week and debated which one to make so after about 2 days I decided that the wheat beer was the one to go with. It has been in the FV for about 5 days now and it has started to slow down a bit. I took a sample to check the FG and its still not quite ready showing 1015 recommended is 1011 or lower.

The colour is amazing it's a kinda brown tan colour like a real Weizen beer. The aroma is just amazing a customer said it smelt like banana bread. This the best tasting wheat beer I have ever had and it's not even ready yet.

I would say a month in the bottles and this stuff would be devine ;D

www.themottlybrew.ie. Join the grainy people we are hopping mad.

LordEoin

what temperature did you ferment at?

The Mottly Brew

22oc  with a brew belt in the shop.
www.themottlybrew.ie. Join the grainy people we are hopping mad.

HomeBrewWest

Quote from: LordEoin on May 17, 2014, 08:05:05 PM
what temperature did you ferment at?
Was gonna ask the same question. Have one on here for 7 days at 22 to 23 oC as per instructions and just had to have a sip after Ian's post. Mine's at 1012.

Yes, strong banana aroma. And a true wheat beer aftertaste, not like some micro versions which end in an ale taste. And defo different from any other wheat beer kit.

And it was pretty much flat so I'm optimistic that this kit will be impressive after a few weeks in the keg, when it has matured a bit and is properly carbonated.

I've also got a stout and an IPA on.  The IPA we know, but the stout will be interesting. Just dry hopped both. Gonna keg them too. Stout smells amazing.

Its going to be very interesting to see what others have to say here about these kits over the coming weeks.
"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer." Abraham Lincoln. www.homebrewwest.ie