• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 07:34:53 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Best North Wicklow Off License

Started by nathancullen, August 19, 2020, 02:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nathancullen

Hey All,

I'm new to the area. Having moved up from West Cork. I'm currently based in Greystones, but will this week be moving to our new gaff in Newcastle. I've been looking for a good local off license. O'briens in Greystones has been fulfilling most of my needs, but it would be great to get any hints on what off licenses you like to go to yourselves!!.

Thanks in advance.

Nathan

pob

O'Briens have improved, but not in all stores.

Slightly further up, the Blackrock Cellar is absolutely top notch & a danger to your wallet.

CraftCentral.ie has kept some of the more southerly Garden County Brewers sane over the last few months.

nathancullen

Much obliged. I must check out the Blackrock Cellar and CraftCentral.ie.

Quote from: pob on August 20, 2020, 09:34:17 AMO'Briens have improved, but not in all stores.

Slightly further up, the Blackrock Cellar is absolutely top notch & a danger to your wallet.

CraftCentral.ie has kept some of the more southerly Garden County Brewers sane over the last few months.

seino

Quote from: pob on August 20, 2020, 09:34:17 AMCraftCentral.ie has kept some of the more southerly Garden County Brewers sane over the last few months.

As the most southerly of the Garden County Brewers, I can vouch for that. Great choice and value on CraftCentral, especially on the 3-for-€10 and 3-for-€12 range. You can't get Wicklow Wolf on there though, so I usually end up grabbing some Elevation in the offie when I get a chance.

Blackrock Cellar is great. There's also Molloys in Ballyogan which is ever so slightly closer to Greystones and just off the motorway - very good selection there too.
In the Kegs: Saison, Light Lager, Impy Stout
Next Brew: Hefeweizen