• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 11:04:32 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

First Homebrew Festival in Sarajevo

Started by BeerRanger, April 24, 2017, 05:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeerRanger

On Saturday held the First Homebrew Festival in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina. Twenty-five home brewers hosted around 250 guests from Bosnia but also neighbors of the Croatian and Serbian. We were not able to drink all 1.050 liters of beer, but we have a good time with good bend and sausages from the grill.

And we tried the original Pliny The Elder :)

Maybe on the next festival comes a few homebrewers from Ireland?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bier

irish_goat

Looks great. Was in Sarajevo in 2015 but sadly didn't get any craft beer while I was there.

nigel_c

BeerRanger

In Sarajevo, already has a couple of pubs with craft beers. In Bosnia and Herzegovina now has about 10 nano craft brewery. Enough to start the craft movement :)

Beermonger

That looks great! I love seeing homebrewing taking off in the east :). I must visit.

Also, as a (non-native) speaker of Polish, the phrase 'kućnih pivara' made me smile - sounds like 'kitchen brewers', which is of course very accurate :)
Planning: DIPA, Kweik PA, Calibration Pale Ale
Putrifying: nothing
Pouring: Lovely Saison, Czech Lager, 1804 Porter
Past: Cashmere PA

BeerRanger

Thanks a lot.

Yes, it sounds like the Polish and my Bosnian. However, the "kućnih pivara"= homebrewers, (not kitchen = kuhinja).

The bottom line is that home brewers all understand each other.

If anyone, anytime of home brewers from Ireland goes to Sarajevo, I hope you will contact us to exchange and drink some beer.