• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 19, 2024, 11:23:14 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

BrewCon 2018

Started by Bazza, August 11, 2017, 01:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazza

Hey All,

Confirmed date for BrewCon 2018:

Saturday 12th May 2018

Venue: Smock Alley Theatre Dublin

Links and details to follow. In the meantime, however, it may be necessary to give your better half a new 2018 diary, having torn out the page headed 'May 12' first.

Have a great weekend!

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

Dr Brown Ale

Ciaran

Quote from: Bazza on August 11, 2017, 01:56:58 PM
In the meantime, however, it may be necessary to give your better half a new 2018 diary, having torn out the page headed 'May 12' first.

I've tore out the 13th for good measure

Bazza

Hi All,

BrewCon tickets are now on general sale here for €65.00*:

http://www.nhcconference.com/

(NHC members can still get their discounted tickets  using the promotional code)

So be quick, or risk missing out on what promises to be an excellent and informative day.

Cheers,

-Barry

A quick blurb about this year's BrewCon:

BrewCon 2018

It's that time of year again, booking your day out to improve your brewing knowledge and making better beer.

Following on from previous years, this year's theme will focus on improving your brewing knowledge and developing your brewing skills.

This year's BrewCon 2018's keynote speaker, will be well known to you all as one of the fathers of the modern IPA:
Mitch Steele, now with his own New Realm Brewing Company, (formally of Stone Brewing)

Other guests speakers include:
Fergus Fitzgerald, head brewer of Adnams Southwold
Dave Carpenter, editor-in-cheif of Zymurgy magazine, the journal of the American Homebrewers Association (AHA)
Rich Kilcullen, BrewDog
with a few others to be announced shortly ...

Your ticket includes food and drink at lunchtime and entry later to the Club Night in the food hall after the last talk where you will have the opportunity to have one on one discussions with any of the speakers.

The BrewCon Swag Bag is back again stuffed with loads of goodies, along with a unique BrewCon 2018 t-Shirt (€10, add it to your order after you've chosen your ticket)

This year there will also be an Extra Club Night Ticket priced at €20, to admit one extra person to attend the Club Night tasting - it is limited to one per ticket.

AND, if all that still weren't enough, you can also add to you order a signed copy of Lager: The Definitive Guide to Tasting and Brewing the World's Most Popular Beer Styles by Dave Carpenter - for only €18

More info on the BrewCon 2018 website

* plus EventBrite fees (€70.59)
― Groucho Marx

Sokratees9

Hi,

I'm a full member, but have no idea what the promotional code is.  Can someone message it to me.  Would like to sign up for BrewCon asap before it's fully booked.

Thanks,
Sok

Chymist

February 09, 2018, 11:03:37 AM #6 Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 11:38:33 AM by pob

pob

The password & the link from the members area works

Chymist

Ah apologies, didnt realise you had to use that specific link, using the code just on the eventbrite site doesnt work. Thanks!

Quote from: pob on February 09, 2018, 11:40:03 AM
The password & the link from the members area works

Sokratees9

Thanks guys, got it all sorted now, still pretty new here, and I may not have learned how to read

Bazza

Hi All,

With just over 8 weeks to go, we're making a big push to get the remaining tickets sold for this year's BrewCon event.

Remember: this event is designed to appeal to beginner and advanced brewers alike. Even if you, or someone you know, is thinking about taking up homebrewing for the first time, what better way to get the ball rolling than be gaining some invaluable tips and knowledge from the horses' mouths;  from our guest speakers and from fellow homebrewers.

The post-conference club nights have already attained legendary status. The beer will be flowing and the only background noise will be the buzz of homebrewers from all round the country, from the full spectrum of skill levels having the crack and sharing tips and insights with each other. Make new friends, meet old friends but, most importantly, kick back and have a laugh.

So spread the word to your fellow club members, friends, cousins, aunties, parish priest, anyone you think would be interested in attending this excellent event!

Cheers,

-Barry

― Groucho Marx

Bazza

Only 33 Days left till BrewCon 2018!!

Whether you're just starting out on the home brewing journey, or looking to sharpen your award-winning skills, this event is not to be missed!

Book your discounted NHC Member tickets here.
Book your non-NHC Member tickets here.

Book today and be part of the hype!

― Groucho Marx

Water_Wolf

I received a couple of mails yesterday with the title 'Note to All NHC Members - BrewCon 2018 - Reinvent the Classics' but both of them were blank. Did we miss anything?

Bazza

Yeah. That was a newsletter mail out to all members reminding them about BrewCon. Seems a lot of the recipients got blank emails. A 'feature' of the forum's newsletter engine it would seem.

Apologies to all of you who received blank emails, but the sentiment is more or less please try and make every effort to attend BrewCon, and try to encourage any brewing friends to do the same. We need your help to make this, a success and future events still viable.

Cheers,

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

johnrm

You're firing blanks Bazza?
Email looke dOK to me.