• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 18, 2024, 07:31:09 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Craft Beer Festival RDS

Started by eoghanr, March 17, 2016, 12:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DEMPSEY

Actually it never ceases to amaze me of the kind of stupidity that some people conjur up in their heads at times :D
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

mr hoppy

I had the nitro ipa last week - not sure it was that hoppy and the nitro makes it less so, kind of tasted almost like so-so cold cask ale.

I do have sneaking regard for hop house 13. It seems to play to Diageo's agenda of making beer that can be drunk in volume even if it has some hops in it. I wonder if the clean lager base means they need less hops as well...

BigDanny84

It is a bit childish but if the promoters weren't upfront about Diageo's presence to other breweries it is no wonder people are annoyed. Their presence annoys me because they are only there because they feel threatened/want to seem hip. If they had their way we'd be back to four beer options or less.

DEMPSEY

Quote from: BigDanny84 on March 19, 2016, 06:28:40 PM
It is a bit childish but if the promoters weren't upfront about Diageo's presence to other breweries it is no wonder people are annoyed. Their presence annoys me because they are only there because they feel threatened/want to seem hip. If they had their way we'd be back to four beer options or less.
+1
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Beermonger

The graffiti appeared after hours during the brewers' lock in cleaning up time. Not too much security around at that point. I saw it being wiped off and I doubt it was up for long.
Planning: DIPA, Kweik PA, Calibration Pale Ale
Putrifying: nothing
Pouring: Lovely Saison, Czech Lager, 1804 Porter
Past: Cashmere PA

nigel_c

I've been there for the cleanup time and it does go for a long time. It's hard work.