• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 09, 2024, 04:30:01 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

[POLL] Liffey Brewers Barrel Fill #2 Poll

Started by imark, November 12, 2013, 08:04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnrm

Have you voted above mr_happy? I haven't yet  ::)
Which way do we want to sway it?  :P

imark

Quote from: imark on November 13, 2013, 05:21:05 PM
Quote from: DEMPSEY on November 13, 2013, 04:12:38 PM
Was just passing through M&S liffey valley and they have own brand old bruin in bottles. Also have bottled Bo Bristle pale ale first I have ever come across this beer on sale.
Did you try a bottle of their oud bruin? Never had that one. Might be worth a spin over for a bottle.
Checked out a bottle. Its not oud bruin and not worth the price they're charging either.

delzep

Quote from: Il Tubo on November 13, 2013, 09:28:42 PM
Doh, I thought it was gueze, then geueze, and now I read it's gueuze! Spell check has a problem with them all...

Some are gueze and some are gueuze as far as I  know

Eoin

There is also a gose from what I remember.

Sent from my HTC One

delzep

Quote from: Eoin on November 13, 2013, 09:50:53 PM
There is also a gose from what I remember.

Polish isn't it?

Just double checked and it's German

imark

Lambic will need a late surge of interest to swing this one away from the Oud Bruin fill.

imark

I think so. Probably worth starting a new thread with Recipe and contributors?

imark

I'll check in with Dodge and we'll get the recipe up. We need to have a discussion about where and when we want to do this. I heard rumours of a migrating barrel? If this happens I presume fill best to happen post move.

Eoin

Is there any interest in buying a few cans of krieken From Belgium?

Sent from my HTC One

Eoin

Quote from: Il Tubo on November 15, 2013, 12:21:52 PM
Tell me more.

You can buy tinned kriek cherries for making a kriek. Oud bruin is the base of a few commercial fruit beers, as previously mentioned Liefmanns kriek is based on OB. Not that Liefmanns is a particularly good one although it's a nice sweetened example.

Sent from my HTC One

imark

Do you have a link or source we could get them Eoin? What verieties are in them etc. I had been planning on getting some frozen or fresh Morello cherries but if there is a better option I could be interested.

Eoin

I found them previously, I'll look from a pc later. They are krieken, which as far as I understand is the lambic variety, they are not particularly good eating cherries from what I understand.

Sent from my HTC One

delzep

Kriek is simply the Dutch word for cherry and krieken is the plural. It's not a variety as far as iI know

Eoin

Quote from: delzep on November 15, 2013, 01:10:26 PM
Kriek is simply the Dutch word for cherry and krieken is the plural. It's not a variety as far as iI know

Nope, a cherry is a kers, plural would be kersen.

Sent from my HTC One