• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 16, 2024, 08:41:09 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Hop wish list

Started by Cahalbrua, January 06, 2014, 10:52:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cahalbrua

Just wondering could we start a list of what we're putting on the hop wish list. Some of us getting 500g of one variety may have 1 or 2 hundred grams to swap. So locally we can see what we all want and who their maybe a possibility of a 1 or 2 hundred gram swap with during the year.
We can also arrange going half's on 500g for order.
C.

Rats

Magnum 0.5kg
Cascade 0.5kg
Citra 0.5kg
Galaxy 0.5kg
Amarillo 0.5kg
Centennial 0.5kg
Chinook 0.5kg
I drive way to fast to worry about cholesterol

DEMPSEY

Lads before starting another long list you need someone to take the reins regarding the ordering of the hops and haw the 5Kg bags are to be split up into 500gr vacuumed bags. The last list was going to be run by Cara but as you might have guessed he has his hands full ATM.
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

ColMack

I've put myself down for

0.5kg Magnum
0.5kg Galaxy
0.5kg Centennial

but I only really want 400 - 500g of the galaxy.  I'd take 250g of the others and would rather a selection of 250g lots than 500g each of magnum and centennial so would be very willing to do swaps.

ColmR

I'm really the same. That last list looks like a nightmare. I put myself down for cascade, citra, galaxy and something else. But I'd love a good old mix and would be happier with smaller quantities.  Let's say we bought 5 x 5kg as a club and decided amongst ourselves the split? We could discuss at the meeting next week. I think it may be more efficient than another long thread.

Cahalbrua

Long list, We've only got 12 or 13 members.
In some case's we'll be taking full bales so I don't see how we'll work out which hops we're on or over  5 kg with out making a list of what everyone wants.
If the plan is to vacuum pack everything into 0.5 kg bags I suppose it doesn't matter. But it would be a bit of a waste of VP bags and time if a clubs bales worth of hops were vacuum packed into 0.5 kg bags only to be opened again and VP into 100g packs.
C.

Ahtanum   .5 kg
Cascade    .5 kg
Citra          .5 kg
Galaxy.     .5 kg
Amarillo    .5 kg
Magnum.   .5 kg
Chinook.     .5 kg

nigel_c

I think orders should be put in at a club level. I think we should only order full bales of hops. eg if we only have 2.5kg of a particular hop, it doesn't get ordered unless someone really wants to hop and is willing to take the remainder of the bale.
Orders should be packed in 500g packs to help minimize the workload. (an extra 100g is not going to overstock anyone's hop backstock)
How do people feel about getting some pellet hop in? I would like to get some pellet magnum as my house go to bittering hop.

Sure we can have a talk about it on Tuesday.
Anyone who cannot make it and wishes to add either to the wish list or any other details regarding the bye can add here and we will bring it up at the meet up.   

ColmR

+1 to pellets. Would definitely be easier to split into batches and to store. I prefer to brew with them anyway and dry hopping is easier. Just throw em in and they drop to the bottom.