• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 09:57:23 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

2016 Apple Juice Group Buy

Started by irish_goat, August 11, 2016, 11:37:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irish_goat

First off, massive thanks to Ciderhead for running this group buy the last 4 years. Took a lot of effort but the proof is definitely in the pudding if you ever get to taste some of the ciders that have come from the juice.

There are a few cider houses looking to offer us juice this year, all it needs is a dedicated plan for getting it all out to the NHC members. In reality, I'd say the bare minimum is that someone would need to get a van and take the juice to a few drop off points were members could pick it up. Van hire and petrol costs could be factored into the price if need be.

Any volunteers?  :P

Leann ull

I'm happy to help with the distribution.

cruiscinlan

August 11, 2016, 12:33:07 PM #2 Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 02:32:37 PM by cruiscinlan
I've no van I'm afraid but I have a clean license and would like to help out in any way I can.

I wouldn't mind contacting the cider makers to find out about pricing and packaging options available as well.

Edit - I have a lead on a van. Can you send me the info on the makers offering juice to is and I work out pricing?

Will_D

I would suggest we run this at the local group level.

We have a lot of groups and say 4 juice providers.

We start the list by local group interest and then later cross reference to the suppliers.

We then need van drivers and distributions points.

Obviously just 'coz a local group is near a particular supplier they don't have to use that supplier.

So the initial list should be "by local club" [Like we did with the Getterbrewed free hops]
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

cruiscinlan

Okedoke that might make it more manageable. I'll start a Dublin list so. If it exceeds the limit of van and driver a separate group will have to be set up.

Another question though is on the pricing levels available to the club, will we miss out on a reduction if buying in 1,000L batches.

Shanna

I'm happy to act as a distribution point for South Dublin.

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

molc

Quote from: cruiscinlan on August 11, 2016, 10:44:16 PM
Okedoke that might make it more manageable. I'll start a Dublin list so. If it exceeds the limit of van and driver a separate group will have to be set up.

Another question though is on the pricing levels available to the club, will we miss out on a reduction if buying in 1,000L batches.
Well, I'd assume that if you used a single supplier and had multiple (say 3-5) large pickups from that supplier, you could get the same group rate on the order.
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

LordEoin

It's like musical chairs in here and we've not even drank the cider yet! :D

Chacmool

I renewed my membership this week but it is still not allowing me access to the members area. Could someone add me to the list and  I'll update it when my membership goes through.

Pheeel

Quote from: Chacmool on August 13, 2016, 06:42:08 PM
I renewed my membership this week but it is still not allowing me access to the members area. Could someone add me to the list and  I'll update it when my membership goes through.

Checking....
Issues with your membership? PM me!

Pheeel

Chacmool

QuoteYou're fixed now...
Cheers Pheeel.

bigvalen

I was going to add my name to the list too, but seems my membership is stuck too..

Pheeel

Quote from: bigvalen on August 19, 2016, 01:41:45 PM
I was going to add my name to the list too, but seems my membership is stuck too..

Not anymore!