• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 19, 2024, 01:46:55 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

SS Brewtech 7 Gallon Brew Bucket™ Fermenter

Started by St. Fursey, September 07, 2021, 01:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St. Fursey

My SS Brewtech 7 gallon brew bucket arrived in the post yesterday but it's too tall for my fermenting space, I probably should have measured for it first!

€175 gets you some shiny kit!
(no offers below asking price thanks)
I'm in Galway

Slev

Am interested,
but when you say too big....
I have a standard under counter fidge that I use as a chamber (the kind with a wee freezer box at the top and reduced space at the bottom/floor due to the compressor).
From the dims on its spec sheet, the dia is given as 31.7cm. However, I cant find if this is the top rim dia or the base at the feet? (if its the base, I'm not sure it'll fit in my chamber).
Would you be able to throw a tape on it?

Thanks

Slev

St. Fursey

SS Brewtech round down their measurements or maybe take averages ;D
So you don't get caught out like me, please allow 34cm diameter and 54cm height plus whatever you need for a blowoff tube or airlock

Slev

Quote from: St. Fursey on September 09, 2021, 07:29:31 AMSS Brewtech round down their measurements or maybe take averages ;D
So you don't get caught out like me, please allow 34cm diameter and 54cm height plus whatever you need for a blowoff tube or airlock

Quote from: St. Fursey on September 09, 2021, 07:29:31 AMSS Brewtech round down their measurements or maybe take averages ;D

OK.
Thanks for getting back.
for clarity - are you saying that I'd need the 34cm dia for the feet? (as the unit is tapered, if its 34 at the top and down to at least 31 at the base/feet, I think I can work it. But if its 34cm at the base/feet and widens out to the top, then it won't fit as is.)

Brian

St. Fursey

Quote from: Slev on September 09, 2021, 02:36:00 PM

OK.
Thanks for getting back.
for clarity - are you saying that I'd need the 34cm dia for the feet? (as the unit is tapered, if its 34 at the top and down to at least 31 at the base/feet, I think I can work it. But if its 34cm at the base/feet and widens out to the top, then it won't fit as is.)

Brian
It's 34cm at the top which is the widest. I'll measure the base diameter this evening

St. Fursey

The fermenter is tapered, I measured it more carefully: the base diameter is 26cm. The lid diameter is 34cm

Slev

Quote from: St. Fursey on September 10, 2021, 10:14:11 PMThe fermenter is tapered, I measured it more carefully: the base diameter is 26cm. The lid diameter is 34cm
Spot on.
Pm sent