• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 29, 2024, 08:57:17 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Professional brewery disinfectant up to 6 times cheaper than starsan

Started by brenmurph, August 15, 2013, 11:47:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnrm

Everyone better hold on your existing starsan bottles for refill.
They are perfect for dosing.

brenmurph

Carbon chemicals in cork are working on it for me this week. If I can do a good deal I will put it out for comments.
I will and get back to ye. later in the week.

I would like to refer ye back to the original post http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=3535.msg43357#msg43357

This was peracetic acid that I had confirmed at a great price and no one jumped at it.

The Starsan type product is not made by Biocel ( the other company I researched with) it is made by Carbon, cork. So re the title, 6 times cheaper. refers to peracetic acid as in the original post.

When I have price on the current product in question I willl follow up and keep yye up to date

kev

Curious, whats the advantages of this stuff over peracetic?

brenmurph

Starsan has a surfactant ( soap) that clings to surfaces. Other products maybe more useful for pumping through hoses, vessels, or for soakage of  parts and so on. Theres a lot of info back to the start of this thread as well

CARA

Paracetic also very quickly takes layers of skin off  ??? I've learned the hard way-if you don't wash it off straight away even after a quick dip of the arm IT BURNS later. Always wear chemical glove for ANY thing other than water or beer!!
Upa Sesh

brenmurph

psham

Quote from: brenmurph on July 18, 2014, 10:19:30 PM
At least 3 times cheaper than starsan!
Can you get your hands on some? Just coming to the end of my bottle of starsan.

brenmurph

Rats

I drive way to fast to worry about cholesterol

Greg2013

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)