• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 08:19:06 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

March gig - Thurs 7th

Started by admin, February 11, 2013, 07:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColinC

QuoteWould we like to pick a couple of styles to concentrate on for the May meet up? Could make it interesting to focus on techniques and tips.

Blueshed mentioned that to me last night as well - I think that's a great idea. Side-by-side tasting of the same style made with a kit, all-grain & extract.

delzep

March 08, 2013, 02:27:32 PM #46 Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 02:29:04 PM by delzep
Some great beers last night lads well done all. Pick of the bunch for me was the double IPA.

Feckin 6% west Kerry porter though

oh and fair play to the Lucan County for hosting and providing very tasty food  :)

Blueshed

March 09, 2013, 12:46:10 PM #47 Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 12:50:11 PM by Blueshed
sampled plenty of good home brews and a couple of very good btls brought along.

total of 13 lads there, Tube, Dempsey, IsMise, ColinC, Alex, Imark, Robrew, Weiss, McGrath, Magnethead, Delzep, Eugene and myself.

big thanks to mcgrath for the samples of his brews, had the blue cap and gold cap last night and enjoyed both.

got some good feed back on my stout but was wondering what was the verdict on my dark ale.

Weiss

Great night, pity I had to leave earlyish.

Dempsey's monkey Butt Brown Ale was the stand out for me though I am quite picky to say the least.  ;)
"The world is my lobster"-Keith O'Neill.

Ciderhead

Dempsey's monkey Butt was the stand out for me though I am quite picky to say the least.  ;)

I am reading posts too quickly again :o