• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 25, 2024, 02:54:03 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

January Meet-up

Started by St. Fursey, January 02, 2013, 07:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St. Fursey

I hope everyone has been busy brewing over the Christmas! Aiming for Jan 25th for the next meeting as we decided that Friday was a better night to meet.
I'll confirm here when I've heard back from 091 Labs

Kevco5

I spoke to the bar manager of the townhouse before Christmas about hosting meetings. He was on board with idea but I need to chat to him again.

St. Fursey

January 07, 2013, 09:35:27 PM #2 Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 10:42:32 PM by St._Fursey
Jan 25 it is - added to calendar

Hop Bomb

Is this still going ahead? What time & what venue? Thanks
On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.

Kevco5

January 25, 2013, 11:08:52 AM #4 Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 11:12:30 AM by kevco5
Yep, going ahead as far as I know, 7 pm This evening, 091 labs flood street. It's just to the right of the gallery
http://091labs.com/

Hop Bomb

J o e

January 26, 2013, 11:43:55 AM #6 Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 09:26:22 PM by J_o_e
Enjoyed the meeting lads - great having it on Fridays now!

My two beers;
Coopers Brewmaster IPA brewed with 1kg light DME and swapped the yeast with Safale US-05. Dry hopped with 35g of Cascade.

Coopers Brewmaster Irish Stout + 1.5kg can LME - HBW recommends 1.2kg of LME so I just didn't extract the last of the can with hot water. Very simple but always reliable brew - nice base for experimenting off.

Have a dry hopped APA extract brew bottled last week which will be ready for next meeting. Also have a Brew in a Bag APA (+ 1kg DME as only have 14L stock pot) in the fermenter, to be bottled on 9th Feb.

Hop Bomb

That was good craic. Lovely to meet everyone. I took loads of pics & I think Kev took notes so there will be a write to follow Im sure.

Hop Bomb

Who should I send the pics too for the write up?

J o e

January 29, 2013, 10:36:14 PM #9 Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 10:36:43 PM by J_o_e
Kev (Kevco5) took note of who brought what so presumably he'll be working on the writeup when he gets a chance...

Kevco5

QuoteKev (Kevco5) took note of who brought what so presumably he'll be working on the writeup when he gets a chance...

Careful what you wish for joe!
I'll throw a few words together to go along with the photos,
Tom can you send some of the better ones on to me, I'll pm my email address

Hop Bomb

Il send them on tonight Kev.

St. Fursey

That's a relief - my memory is a little hazy after all the tasting!

QuoteKev (Kevco5) took note of who brought what so presumably he'll be working on the writeup when he gets a chance...

Careful what you wish for joe!
I'll throw a few words together to go along with the photos,
Tom can you send some of the better ones on to me, I'll pm my email address

Kevco5

A collaborative effort could be the best bet here! Just to make we haven't forgotten anything!

St. Fursey

QuoteA collaborative effort could be the best bet here! Just to make we haven't forgotten anything!
How about if everyone sends stuff to me and I'll patch an article together? I have admin rights for publishing here. I'll post whatever I have on Friday evening