• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 29, 2024, 09:55:35 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

March meeting?

Started by Hop Bomb, March 07, 2013, 10:04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hop Bomb

Any possible dates & venue yet?
On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.

J o e

I think we're going with last Friday of the month, so would be the 29th March.
Would love to go back to The Oslo if they'll have us, worked out well in Feb.

Hop Bomb

Will_D

QuoteFYI 29th is Good Friday. Pubs will be closed.

So what a great day to meet round at someones house, do a brew and have a BBQ and some homebrews

Like the North County boys did a few sundays ago:
http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1360796286/75#75
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

eanna

I would be for the Oslo if the back room is available. The open-plan front room was a tad noisy the last time.

Kevco5

QuoteFYI 29th is Good Friday. Pubs will be closed.

Could have a drink-in in 091 labs!

Hop Bomb

It was only noisy towards the end though. If we didnt have to do two tours the tastings would have been done & dusted before it got crowded.

Hop Bomb

Maybe good Friday could be the brew day for the barrel aged stout?

eanna

So options are
Fri 22nd in the Oslo
Fri 29th in 091 Labs
Fri 29th brew the barrel aged stout (& have meeting?)

I feel a poll coming on...

Hop Bomb

Maybe I was a bit premature with the barrel aged brew day. We'd need a meeting before that to plan it & sort the logistics. That many brewing & switches be trippin!

HomeBrewWest

Make sure you are around on Sat 23rd March since Hambleton Bard are in Galway (in the shop) launching new products and there are large discounts on everything for that day (in the shop only, not online). I'll send out an email shot with more details to our customers over the coming days.
"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer." Abraham Lincoln. www.homebrewwest.ie

Ciderhead

March 11, 2013, 10:00:02 PM #12 Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 10:00:28 PM by Ciderhead
Great I know their Pinot Grigio is pretty good, will be there, any free buckets this year ;)

J o e

Fri 22nd in the Oslo

How about this so?

HomeBrewWest

Tube, that would be great. Hambleton Bard are launching their new 3 Kg to 4 Kg beer kits, and hope to be giving some away on the day for people to try out. It wouldn't be the first new product range they launched in Galway. But the timing is very tight, and I hope they have some ready to bring with them.

Those free buckets were offered by HB to retailers when they launched the Australian Blend range in the UK, but most nabbed the buckets and didn't pass them on to their customers. I'm not aware of any UK retailer who offered the free buckets? Unfortunately the offer ran out ages ago when HB stopped giving us free buckets  :'(

HB will also be asking us to offer their other new products at hugely discounted prices (i.e. more than the 15% on everything else) such as their new 23 litre glass carboys etc.
"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer." Abraham Lincoln. www.homebrewwest.ie