• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 20, 2024, 01:40:19 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Clifden Microbrewery

Started by barkar, March 06, 2013, 03:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barkar

March 06, 2013, 03:26:21 PM Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 03:27:06 PM by barkar
Does anyone know anything about this , allegdly happening a couple of hundred yards from where i work ! The only thing i have come across is photos from a steel fabricator who done work for them re a walking platform, see link , looks like everthing is in place - there goes the pipe dreamĀ 

Hop Bomb

Wasnt there a load of new craft breweries registered with http://www.cro.ie for 2013? This is probably one of them.
On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.

BeyondTheBridge

QuoteBRIDEWELL BREWERY      234263      RIVERSIDE, CLIFDEN, CO. GALWAY.      B

BRIDEWELL BREWERY      306082      BRIDEWELL LANE CLIFDEN CO. GALWAY      B

Up by the old Jail from what I've heard. I don't know the guys involved, but based on the CRO dates it seems like this idea's been on the cards for a while.

Will have to drop up some day :)

Ciderhead

Padraic, also knows of potential one in Tuam?

Padraic

There is one to be launched in July and I will let ye all know when I'm allowed to tell ye a bit more!

barkar

Must pop in, I heard of another in Castlerea also, serious amount of Market saturation if all of these get off the ground,

Re clifden its not particularly a touristy hot spot location its beside Kings garage and is next door to the old jail dont think there is any real access to the jail from this point, mainly from the main street than ballyconneely

Hop Bomb

QuoteMust pop in, I heard of another in Castlerea also, serious amount of Market saturation if all of these get off the ground

The more the merrier. It'll push quality & ideas I think. Survival of the fittest/tastiest :0
On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.

Padraic

The more the merrier. It'll push quality & ideas I think. Survival of the fittest/tastiest :0

I agree totally, looking forward to tastier and tastier Irish beers!