• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 16, 2024, 09:41:52 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Stoneground strong white flour

Started by cruiscinlan, September 15, 2015, 09:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochlannach

Quote from: hopapotamus on October 16, 2015, 05:51:37 PM
thanks john , i'll make ye both a nice loaf   
I'm down Kinsale/Ballinspittle usually once a month/six weeks or so if that's useful you can bear that in mind. I'm down tomorrow so probably be a few weeks before the next run. Generally have space for most stuff and willing to help out for anyone down there that might want something.

cruiscinlan

1. Eoin - 1 x strong white 16kg Tyrrelstown, Dublin 15
2. Damien M - 1 x strong white 16kg Roscrea and Dublin
3. Jacob - 1 x strong white 16kg    Dublin/Swords
4. Cruiscinlan - 1 x strong white 16kg Dublin/Drumcondra D9 [Work in Clonskeagh]
5 . hopapotamus 1 x strong white 16kg cork

Right so, we're above the minimun now.  I'll contact ye all via PM and arrange payment details, I'll then make the order which will then be picked up at Damien M's convenience.

cruiscinlan

Lads just regarding payment can whoever of ye is a 'Mrs. McGrath' contact me so I know which of ye has paid me so far?

Damien M

Lads! Collected today. Attached is what awaits. 16 kilos of pure leaven heaven!

Jacob

Great! So how/when/where can we collect?

Eoin

I got mine delivered today, thanks a million Damian.

cruiscinlan

Just want to chime in here and say thanks to Damian M and all the other members who joined in this to make it possible.  Can't wait to get baking with it now.

FYI if there are those who missed this and would like to be able buy 16kg flour in Dublin city please let me know as I also have a source for Marriages flour.

Jacob

Got mine delivered today as well.
Thanks again Damian!

aweisse

Im in cork, and ill take a bag next time.

rje66

Interested, I'm in swords.

Will be curious to hear back how this performs compared to the shop stuff.

On yer marks,..get set,.... Bake :) :)
Wife says to me one day... "so do you love beer more than me?....
Naturally, I replied,...... making it or drinking it??😱😱
www.gardenconcepts.ie

cruiscinlan

Quote from: rje66 on November 04, 2015, 09:38:13 PM
Interested, I'm in swords.

Will be curious to hear back how this performs compared to the shop stuff.

I've used Odlums, Bacheldre Watermill, Doves and Marriages.  Each flour will work a different way in terms of how it absorbs liquid, some will be noticeably 'drier' than others. 

Apart from that there will be production differences for stoneground white flour with more nutrition/oils and a small amount of bran, germ etc. left after the sifting process.

rje66

I missed this group buy, so if anyone has flour they thought they wanted but cant use now(i.e wife went mental ),then i can use it.
Its a longshot i know, but hey if you dont ask.....
Wife says to me one day... "so do you love beer more than me?....
Naturally, I replied,...... making it or drinking it??😱😱
www.gardenconcepts.ie

cruiscinlan

Quote from: rje66 on November 05, 2015, 06:57:11 PM
I missed this group buy, so if anyone has flour they thought they wanted but cant use now(i.e wife went mental ),then i can use it.
Its a longshot i know, but hey if you dont ask.....

rje66,

I'll send you a pm with details of where you can get flour in the meantime.

Eoin

I've been quite distracted recently with the death of a good friend, so I didn't feedback here yet.

I've only had a chance to do one loaf so far and all I can say is that this flour is very very tasty and does a really nice loaf.
I didn't do a sourdough, just normal fresh yeast and I'd highly recommend this flour, based on taste alone.
Even the smell of the cooked loaves is superior to the Polish stuff I've been using.

Well done on this one a chara.

Leann ull

Sorry to hear about the loss of your pal.
Well feck it I was hovering so let's make this a regular occurrence if it's as good as you say.
How did everybody else get on?