• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 03:05:43 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Stoneground strong white flour

Started by cruiscinlan, September 15, 2015, 09:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oinkely

Quote from: oinkely on January 04, 2016, 12:48:32 PM
If I am not too late I'll add my name to the list

Cruiscinlan: 1 x 16kg Drumcondra D9
Hop Bomb: 2 x 16kg Galway, collecting in Dublin
aweisse: 2 x 16kg Cork City
Oinkely: 1 x 16kg Wicklow

and if the order is not being placed until tomorrow I may take a second bag for the in-laws, waiting to hear back from them.

just the one for me please.

Cheers

Oink

cruiscinlan

January 04, 2016, 05:11:32 PM #91 Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 10:59:36 AM by cruiscinlan
Right lads Redmonds have confirmed availability so time to pony up and also a chance for late arrivals to add their names to the list.

Cruiscinlan: 1 x 16kg Drumcondra D9
Hop Bomb: 3 x 16kg Galway, collecting in Dublin payment received
aweisse: 2 x 16kg Cork City, payment received
Oinkely: 1 x 16kg Wicklow, collecting in Dublin payment received

cruiscinlan

Payment received for all and transfer made to Redmonds today.  DamienM has kindly offered to pick up from Naas for us even though he's not taking part in this buy. 

If you can see if you can get a brew his direction to show your appreciation.

cruiscinlan

Right so.  Second flour group buy has gone well and flour is en route to all those who took part.  Big shout out to DamienM who dropped off to myself and will drop to Cork members as well. 

When ye get the flour let us know how ye get on and if you'll be interested again.

oinkely

Arrived into work this morning to find a great big bag of flour sitting under it.

Can't wait to get some bread on!

Thanks All.

cruiscinlan

Quote from: oinkely on January 27, 2016, 03:32:49 PM
Arrived into work this morning to find a great big bag of flour sitting under it.

Can't wait to get some bread on!

Thanks All.

Great!  Would love to hear any feedback from others who've taken part to see what ye think of the flour etc.?

aweisse

Ive used about 5KG so far and it makes lovely bread, its more dryer flour than the tesco strong flour.
Im delighted with it.

oinkely

cracked open the bag at the weekend.  Bunged it into the bread machine for a tomato and basil loaf and went to bed.  Woke up to a lovely loaf, well risen and very light and fluffy.  15.45kg to go!

Leann ull

February 08, 2016, 05:33:57 PM #98 Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 01:23:14 PM by CH
Rye, stoneground,strong sesame and sunflower about to start its thang

I'd love to get in on a flour groupbuy, I'm just not eating enough bread to justify a bag though

rje66

Quote from: CH on February 08, 2016, 05:33:57 PM
Rye, stoneground,strong sesame and sunflower about to start its thang

I'd love to get in on a flour groupbuy, I'm just not eating enough bread to justify a bag though
Ill give that recipe a go ifyou can send it on,ta ta
Wife says to me one day... "so do you love beer more than me?....
Naturally, I replied,...... making it or drinking it??😱😱
www.gardenconcepts.ie

molc

I sense a bread making recipe thread coming on ;)
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

cruiscinlan

Quote from: CH on February 08, 2016, 05:33:57 PM

Well you could always split a bag with someone, or if you're around Drumcondra some day I can give you a few KG of the Shipton Mill flour to try out.

derfel

A bread baking recipe thread is a super idea.

If someone can teach me the twist for a proper bretzel I'd be delighted :)

johnrm

cruiscinlan

February 23, 2016, 10:07:34 AM #104 Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 09:40:43 PM by cruiscinlan
Well lads, I'm now on bag no. 2 of what we got delivered in January.  So I'm indicating an interest in another order

Cruiscinlan 2 x 16kg