• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 05:19:28 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Saturday 10th October BJCP tasting in Kildare

Started by Kellie, October 05, 2015, 06:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kellie

Hi all

Just to confirm the tasting event is still going ahead on Saturday from 12-5pm here in Kildare

'Saturday 10th October here @maltcracker Kildare we will be having a tasting session discussion group on BJCP tasting / styles brewing and so on.

Its a great opportunity to come down for extra support from proven and experienced Brewers and Judges and perhaps a skilled Somellier will be present to help out as well.

Kellie and Myself would like to invite 2015 students to come down and enjoy a day of tasting, discussion and learning.'

So please feel free to come along, I know 2 people are coming from Dublin via Dublin Coach from D'Olier Street and I will collect from the bus stop.

Let us know if you plan to attend and maybe think of any particular style you would like us to go through on the day, if you can bring a bottle to taste. We have a good mix of styles currently here that we have brewed to taste as well.  :)

1. Christina

johnrm

Feck.
Are you guys organising these things to coincide with my calendar?!

Kellie

What do you mean? I haven't got access to your calendar lol

johnrm

Kellie

johnrm

Kellie

Brendan said hard luck! We will save you a nice bottle for when we next see you :)

giacomo

I'll definitely be there. I wouldn't come by car though, a bus from Red Cow (or the city centre) would be a much better option :)

Kellie

Great stuff, the Dublin coach leaves D'Olier street at quarter past the hour and quarter to the hour I think Ronan (Beerfly) is heading down as well as Christina. Or you can pick up the bus at the red cow direct to Kildare Village :)

molc

Yeah I hope to make it, though I'll have to head straight after as I'm already double booked for the day. That double booking will need some negotiation still though ;) 11:15 bus from town is it?
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

Paul B

Flanagan

Hi Kellie, I am keen. I can get the train from Galway and the train times suit. I only have 1 beer fermenting at the moment so I will have to bring a couple of commercial beers for goodwill. Personally I'm not very good with dry v sweet stout and body so maybe I'll bring a couple along those lines, but generally I plan on spending the day listening  :)

If that's OK could you PM me the address or directions from the train station/town?

1. Christina
2. Paul B. (pdb)
3. Andy

Kellie

Delighted to see an interest in this day, I'd say the 11.15am bus from town will be perfect timing and we will collect you all from the bus stop here in Kildare.

@ Flanagan I have just PM'd you there

Kellie

Just adding names to the list, so I know who is coming down  :)

1. Christina
2. Paul B. (pdb)
3. Andy
4. Giacomorizzo
5. Molc
6. Beerfly

molc

Keeping myself as a maybe, as I'm still not sure if I can get to it.

1. Christina
2. Paul B. (pdb)
3. Andy
4. Giacomorizzo
5. Molc - depends on permission slip :)
6. Beerfly

Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter