• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 18, 2024, 10:48:18 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Swap shop

Started by nigel_c, February 12, 2013, 01:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nigel_c

We were talking about this at the last meeting and probably should have do something before now about it. Anybody with any excess specialty grains / hops looking to trade bring them along and in sure find a good home for them. Might be a bit late now for this months meet up but I reckon we should look into this for meetings going forward.

Blueshed

could also bring some of the more common hops and grains if you have newbie kit brewers and get them started on hacking the kits.

nigel_c

I have just finished insulating my boiler with a reflective wrap Aldi had on special a few weeks back and have about 2.5 - 3 meters left over if anyone wants it. 

Ciderhead

Can you post a picture of your boiler?

Ciderhead

Nigel can I do a swap with you, what are you short of at the moment?

nigel_c

A bottle of your finest and its yours.

Ciderhead

Done pm me your details

nigel_c

I should have a few tubes of wlp 568 Belgian saison I can bring along on Sunday if anybody wants any. Transferring to secondary in the next day or so so will be nice and fresh.

Partridge9

:o

Do  I !!!

That means - Yes - I would like some of that lovely yeast.

Will_D

I still have a load of uncrushed grain:

MO, Wheat, and Pilsner. Its not getting any younger

Also Hop Rhizomes ready to plant: Hallertau Muittlefruh, Northern Brewer, Tettnanger

Any one want any?
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

nigel_c

K ill bring along a few tubes. If anyone else wants any just let me know and ill bring a few extra.

nigel_c

February 19, 2013, 11:00:53 PM #12 Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 11:01:34 PM by nigel_c
Will id love to try sneak a hop plant into my folks greenhouse if you can spare one. Variety not important really.

Will_D

QuoteWill id love to try sneak a hop plant into my folks greenhouse if you can spare one. Variety not important really.

No probs, Will bring down a few pots of the 3 varietys.

Will_D

QuoteI should have a few tubes of wlp 568 Belgian saison I can bring along on Sunday if anybody wants any. Transferring to secondary in the next day or so so will be nice and fresh.

I'd certainly take a tube for the Seabury yeast bank!!