• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 06:54:01 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

meeting place

Started by featherbed_brew, November 27, 2012, 10:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

featherbed_brew

hi all. i was in Sky in the Ground this evening and i was looking at a poster advertising a new craft beer bar!!! name of said bar will be Suas an Staighre opening 30th November. this would be an ideal meeting point for craft brewers like ourselves for the south east/wexford meet. what you guys think?? ;)

Spud395

Ideally we need to be able to bring homebrew in for tasteing as well as sampling the wares of the house.

If this could be arranged it could be good.

The only points to consider is the distance from public transport, it's a good mile of a walk to the bus stop.

Non modo......sed etiam

featherbed_brew

spud, i got taxi home tonite €16 to featherbed, ouch!!!, i probably could arrange drop in and collection for us  :D no need to worry about distance to pub for us. taxi from bus station to sky in ground for 4? buttons. :) as for tasting im sure they would appreciate the business, i will find out if they would be up for it.

Spud395

Cool cool.

You got off light for 16, the once I got a taxi he took me for 23 notes, I'd rather crawl
Non modo......sed etiam

featherbed_brew

QuoteCool cool.

You got off light for 16, the once I got a taxi he took me for 23 notes, I'd rather crawl

not surprised you said ONCE man that was steep.€23 ffs robbin tasbards!!
i think with this bar openin it might lure the meets to wex aswell i hope. see what happens.

featherbed_brew

hey spud is their any legal/licencing issues with sampling homebrew in venues like sky in ground,same as revolution? is their anything that i need to know before i enquire about such a meet?

Spud395

Not that anyone has encountered so far anyway.

We,ve been over a year in Revolution and I know the lads in the Bull and Castle are a lot longer than that with no hassles
Non modo......sed etiam

newToBrew

Wexford county council by- laws prohibit that kinda thing - waterford on the other hand are fine with it - guesd youll have to keep coming  over the bridge  ;D ;D

(Just kidding)
Sounds good, amach as mo ceann suas an staira
coz theres always something new to do

Spud395

I imagine we'll rotate them
Non modo......sed etiam

Ruairi

The Sky and the ground are pretty sound with that stuff. I have a keg in their new bar for the opening night so i cant imagine them having any problems with it. I'm friends with the owners so i could ask them if ya's want?

Spud395

That'd be super Ruairí, nothing like a contact!
Non modo......sed etiam