• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 12:39:20 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Supplier Help for newbie.

Started by Greg2013, December 27, 2012, 07:34:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rukkus

If you like stout something like http://www.thehomebrewcompany.ie/coopers-brewmaster-irish-stout-17kg-p-814.html might be a good start.

The brewferm kits are also very good quality.

Greg2013

Ok have decided to go with that rukkus. Now what else do i need beside the spray malt? :o do i still need sugar for when i am bottling?
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Ciderhead

December 28, 2012, 06:01:44 PM #32 Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 06:02:47 PM by Ciderhead
QuoteIf you like stout something like http://www.thehomebrewcompany.ie/coopers-brewmaster-irish-stout-17kg-p-814.html might be a good start.

The brewferm kits are also very good quality.

Ruckus is right go for it and let us know how you get on, I'll let Lars taste first if you are sanitising using the dog bleach ;)

Greg2013

Who is Lars :o ya i will see if that crowd do the starsan as well maybe. Hope they don't fecking take weeks to deliver the stuff now. :'(
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Greg2013

Oh btw for convenience i am gonna order the coopers  plastic bottles with caps off that crowd as well. Now do i need to add sugar to bottles when i am bottling stout?

Ciderhead

QuoteOk have decided to go with that rukkus. Now what else do i need beside the spray malt? :o do i still need sugar for when i am bottling?

Ditch the spray malt as it will taste thinner and spend a few quid on your first kit beer and go for Coopers BE2

Coopers carbonation drops are more convenient than faffing around with brewing sugar unless you intend to batch prime, which is something I would leave until you have a few kits under your belt

Ciderhead

QuoteWho is Lars :o ya i will see if that crowd do the starsan as well maybe. Hope they don't fecking take weeks to deliver the stuff now. :'(

He posted on previous page lmaol  ;D ;D ;D
They are open on 2nd you will get it 3/4 th only place one order and the whole lot will cost 5euro if you have placed a second order mark it for collection and in notes specify combine order or phone them on the second

rukkus

Shipping from thehomebrewcompany is usually next day, 2 days max.

Christmas shipping will throw that out a bit i suspect, I'd say they have saved many a brew day with their turn around times ;)

Ciderhead

QuoteOh btw for convenience i am gonna order the coopers  plastic bottles with caps off that crowd as well. Now do i need to add sugar to bottles when i am bottling stout?

Tube was right about caps and a topper it's cheaper than 50x500 ml plastic bottles.

Yes you need to "prime" with brewing sugar or other fermentables to get co2 into your beer

rukkus

Those plastic bottles are handy to keep your first brew simple if you dont mind the extra cost.

Keep an eye open for lemonade in swing top bottles in the super market. The bottles are really nice and handy.

I always hated messing about with a capper (they are handy to have though).

Greg2013

Ok cider head the coopers be 2 is what exactly? :-? Oh and should i go for adding sugar or carbonation drops when bottling stout?

Ciderhead

You need to slow down and read all of the posts again since the start of your thread and then ask questions

Greg2013

Greg2013

Thanks for that ciderhead,you were right i neededto slow down and read that. Looks like i have a bit more to add to the list before i place the order :o