• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 08:37:23 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Brodie Home Brew Sediment Extractor.

Started by Greg2013, December 29, 2012, 09:43:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg2013

(1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2PPBmJZFd0

(2)http://sedexbrewing.com//

Saw these on craigtube and thought they looked the business. Have a gander at the youtube clip first to seee them in action,craigs clip is a bit long winded but he covers everything i reckon.

They are quite expensive i think, 30 catchers will cost you $72 AUSD plus shipping :'( Yes they are an Aussie product,guess its the Irish ijn so many Aussies that has them so well up on homebrew ;D
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

johnrm

December 29, 2012, 10:34:23 AM #1 Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 10:34:46 AM by johnrm
I'm pretty sure Homebrew west were looking at these at some point.
I don't think they made it to the shelf.

rukkus

The best thing i did in this area was move to kegs.

Greg2013

They look the business but like i said the initial cost is gfairly high and like ruckus i reckon after a few brews most folks stick to kegs anyway? ;D
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Ciderhead

Kegs and a blichman beer gun is money better spent

rukkus

Greg2013

Well i thought these were the DB until i saw the price,screw that. I mean if i was churning out a batch every couple of weeks i could see the need but damn you would want to be producing a lot of brew to warrant that.Will have a look at the  keg and gun for future order but for now i am sticking to bottles for my first few brews ;D