• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 10:24:15 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Certified Cicerone

Started by Padraic, April 15, 2013, 01:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnrm

Personally speaking it sounds great but I am blinkering myself to work on BJCP.
The General Cert in Brewing in Cork was perfect, but a bit up in the air for me at the time.
Unfortunately Work, wife and 3 smallies (Well, 1 biggie, a wannabe biggie and a smallie) keep me from jumping on board too many things that potentially have a cost both financially and in time.

For the Beer Server Exam...
Over 21?
Is this a US requirement?
Surely in Ireland/UK this should be 18.

Padraic

Quote from: johnrm on April 28, 2013, 04:01:21 PM
Over 21?
Is this a US requirement?
Surely in Ireland/UK this should be 18.

I know someone who'll make you a fake id :P

johnrm

I used to do that myself.  ???

johnrm

I would say it has not fizzled out.
My feeling is that these things need to be paced out.
If everything happens at once you run the risk of there being inadequate interest and/or commitment then multiple courses will collapse

Padraic

I am still interested in it if others are?!? I'll be looking into it again next week, I got a good bit of interest from people in the trade, as this is more a trade qualification rather than a homebrewing one. The reason I was thinking of tacking it on the the BJCP one was because the style guidlines make up 60-70 percent of each course so it would be a waste to study on two seperate occasions!

SlugTrap

Very interested in this.
Several beer bars in the US require this of their servers while the BJCP, as someone else pointed out, probably won't get you a job.

Ciderhead

August 19, 2013, 09:34:48 AM #21 Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 06:45:17 PM by Ciderhead
The NHC may be running one in Nov and subject to interest a second in the new year.
More details to follow. Not cheap and 4-5 days commitment.