• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 11:25:13 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

hello from kerry (killarney)

Started by AdeFlesk, April 06, 2013, 07:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdeFlesk

Hi all , Adrian here.  home brewing just over a year, delighted find this place and looking to attach my self to one of the cork groups to experience chatting to people about brewing instead of boring people at work.
Wonders is there anyone else from kerry lurking on here

johnrm

Welcome Adrian!
Post up your location in Kerry, you never know there may be lurkers in your area itching to come out of the closet.

sub82

Welcome! That's how the Belfast group got started!

AdeFlesk

That's great to hear, defiantly will try and tag along to one or two of the cork group meets. Started home brewing over a year ago, with a kit but moved to all-grain after two extract batches.  Working my way through brewing classic styles  and recipes from brewing network can you brew it. Latest brew sat a Rouges dead guy ale clone using WPL 090 San Diego Super instead of Wyeast 1764-PC ROGUE Pacman Yeast.

Taf

Hi Adrian.

Keep an eye out for the below topic re the Lee Valley Brewing Expo in the Franciscan Well in Cork. It's on Sat June 22nd and is the highlight of the homebrewing calander in Cork. Someone will be brewing on the day and there will be plenty of samples, plus the hombrewcompany.ie will be in attendance.

http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1363337877

LordEoin

Welcome Adrian.
I'm in Kanturk, so half way between Cork and Killarney.
Us mountainmen must stick together!  ;D

AdeFlesk

Hi there, the more the merrier, looking forward to meeting a few people one day so they can critique my beer, I know it doesn't matter as long as the main drinker is enjoying ;-) but it would be nice to know that i am hitting the flavor profile of the beer and avoiding off flavours