• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 01:50:04 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Wine at the National

Started by Will_D, November 04, 2015, 10:30:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will_D

This years (as last year) there are categories for Meads and Wines.

The meads were fairly well represented but last year there were only 3 wines entered - mainly because there was not much PR about it.

This year we would like to grow the wine categories so this is by way of a "Yes I may well enter a wine " list.

I know from this thread that a lot of great country wines are being made so lets get going!

There is no obligation implied on this list, its just to gauge interest at this stage and get an idea of judges and categories.

If there are enoungh entries we will split into "Country wines made from fruit and veg" and "grape wines" made from kits or real grapes.

1: Will_D: 2 Country, 2 grape at least
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

rje66

November 04, 2015, 10:56:03 AM #1 Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 12:00:45 PM by rje66
This years (as last year) there are categories for Meads and Wines.

The meads were fairly well represented but last year there were only 3 wines entered - mainly because there was not much PR about it.

This year we would like to grow the wine categories so this is by way of a "Yes I may well enter a wine " list.

I know from this thread that a lot of great country wines are being made so lets get going!

There is no obligation implied on this list, its just to gauge interest at this stage and get an idea of judges and categories.

If there are enoungh entries we will split into "Country wines made from fruit and veg" and "grape wines" made from kits or real grapes.

2.Richie.  country wine
Wife says to me one day... "so do you love beer more than me?....
Naturally, I replied,...... making it or drinking it??😱😱
www.gardenconcepts.ie

Leann ull

If you build it Will ;)
Guys for anonymity can you just put generic type rather than what it is otherwise any judge reading this will know exactly whose it is :)
So I guess Kit/Grapes  or Country/Fruit & Veg  yeah?

itsclinto

2.Richie.  plum wine
3. itsclinto: Maybe 1 country (have to see closer the time), 1 definite and 1 maybe grape (both kits)

Will_D

Good point John!

2: Richie:  1 Country
3. itsclinto: Maybe 1 country (have to see closer the time), 1 definite and 1 maybe grape (both kits)

Leann ull

Guys please only put down absolute definites that you are going to enter as we are going to locate expert judges for this now as there is obviously an interest and we want to do it properly, it would be embarrassing if we had 4 professionals show up to judge 20 and that turned out only to be 5 :(

LordEoin

I'll have a look in the 'wine cellar' and see what I have.
I've been slacking on the wine this year :(

Will_D

John I meant this as just an intention list!

We won't know for sure until registration opens and people get serious.

Plus this is an open area so people/judges can see who might be entering.

But I know that most who sign up to a wish list see it through!

Already we are nearly 3 times last year!

Its also gets people thinking about the comp as there is lots of time for kit wines and some of the lighter country wines as well!

Dunkel

4. Dunkel: 3 x grape

rje66

Just curious, what quantity of wine do you enter???
500 ml bottle?????
Wife says to me one day... "so do you love beer more than me?....
Naturally, I replied,...... making it or drinking it??😱😱
www.gardenconcepts.ie

Bubbles

Do we need a list for mead also?

Leann ull

@rje66 min 500 max 750ml bottle, I thought all you winos only used 750ml?

Leann ull

@bubbles is this a pissing competition with the winos?, absolutely right it really would help and we are going have to put our collective heads together this year on suitable mead judges as the 3 or 4 meads last year were judged by the cider folks.
I know there is like the wine a lot more interest this year.
Can you start as a separate thread and same rules apply only list if definite so as to allow us plan properly.

Bubbles

bachus

4. Dunkel: 3 x grape
5. bachus: Maybe 1 x Vermouth (we will see after pre-competition tasting meeting...)
Dominik (bachus)