• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 06:15:32 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

BJCP Exam Results 2015

Started by Jonnycheech, April 09, 2016, 09:26:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will_D

Hi Guys,

Congrats on the great scores in the exam.

As some may know we ( the North County Brewers) are holding a BJCP registered competion in the Old Borough, Swords on the 29th of May. Thats two weeks tomorrow. We are looking for 3 more judges to help us out. Problem is its on a Sunday. The first train from Dublin gets into malahide at 9:40. We can pick you up from the station!

We aim to start at about 10 am and be finished first round by 12 ish. Then there's a BOS round and then the craft afternoon. We will have beers to give away!

Naturally food is provided for the judges and stewards.

If you can help us out please update this thread:

http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie/forum/index.php/topic,15375.msg149910.html#msg149910
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Andrew

75 here too- I'm happy with that.

Would love to help Will, but I am using my BJCP skills down in Killarney this weekend.
Andrew
@beoirfinder

Dunkel

Now that there are five (I think) judges with tasting scores in the 80s, shouldn't these five be looking to take the written exam, to get to National?

molc
Paul B
Johnnycheech
Double G
Dunkel
and anyone else I don't know about

But not sure about how to apply for the exam, or whether we have to go to London or whatever to take it.

molc

I won't have enough judging points for a while to do the exam, as you need 10 to sit it I think. At 3.5 atm, so need so do some more judging first and then will sit the exam. Im thinking well have enough people to run the exam in Dublin in the next yearor two, assuming this class does as well as the last.
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter