• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 08:51:08 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

IBD exams in may

Started by Frequent Sequence, April 13, 2016, 04:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fobster

Congrats dude, enjoy the celebratory beers!

So it's a random draw from 900 questions? Not x number from wort production, yeast management and so on down the line?

Frequent Sequence

Thanks fobster  :).
The sections do have a predetermined number of questions. 5 for sweet wort production etc.
But the questions are random so no one will have the same set of questions.

johnrm

Congrats Sean
Now the hard work begins - cleaning cleaning, cleaning!

Frequent Sequence

Cheers John! I'm well used to the cleaning from working in independent. I can see a lot more in my future because I just started in Jack Cody's.

Any one done the diploma? :D

fobster

Quote from: Frequent Sequence on May 29, 2016, 11:51:13 AM
Thanks fobster  :).
The sections do have a predetermined number of questions. 5 for sweet wort production etc.
But the questions are random so no one will have the same set of questions.

Quite like the Microsoft exams I've done so!

fobster

I see the Taste 4 Success course is scheduled for the 5th September, no venue yet.

Worth doing? They give you mock exams right? I'm pretty good at getting a study plan going meself.

garciaBernal

How did you pay for the exams? I'm trying to do it online here with a visa debit and it's a no go.
"If you do not enjoy my beer, then I say it is a pity for you!" Armand DeBelder-Drie Fonteinen

Frequent Sequence

Taste4success payed for the course and the exam. I covered travel and accommodation. 

Quote from: garciaBernal on July 18, 2016, 01:52:08 PM
How did you pay for the exams? I'm trying to do it online here with a visa debit and it's a no go.

Enno

Quote from: garciaBernal on July 18, 2016, 01:52:08 PM

Must be your bank. I paid for it via Visa Debit.

garciaBernal

Cheers. They're sending me out an invoice so I can do a bank transfer. Drama!
"If you do not enjoy my beer, then I say it is a pity for you!" Armand DeBelder-Drie Fonteinen

garciaBernal

August 02, 2016, 03:14:37 PM #25 Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 05:04:37 PM by garciaBernal
All paid for. Anyone got any links to past exams or mock exams? The flip cards link provided by Frequent Sequence are handy but are they a good representation of the exam questions? And the link provided by Sorcerers Apprentice doesn't go past Chapter 3 anymore. Thanks so far though.

Will

I would also be grateful for links to question banks.

Going through the notes here and there is an awful lot to learn so some kind of question practice would be great.

fobster

Bombs away! Sent in my application there. Roll up the sleeves time!

fobster

For anyone doing the exam, there's a course below from the 5th to the 9th of September in Cork. And if you're on the dole I believe there is 100% funding available. I'll be confirming this myself tomorrow.

http://taste4success.ie/event/general-certificate-in-brewing-5

http://www.skillnets.ie/eligibility-criteria-unemployed-people

ac13

Anyone else registered for the 8th Nov exam? How are you finding the material?