• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 09:47:40 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

REDUCED Guinness / Stout Mixed Gas Regulator & CO2 Regulator - Can courier €7.50

Started by paddyp, July 12, 2016, 11:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyp

Genuine Norgren Guinness Mixed Gas Regulator - Excellent condition €50

Genuine Norgren CO2 Regulator Bottle Mount - in date €25

phynes1

PH

paddyp

Quote from: phynes1 on July 13, 2016, 08:20:55 AM
Can you connect to a corny? If so, how does that work?

Do you mean the angram? Beer engines will suck the beer out of the corny, you don't need to push it out with gas. If you're going to be drinking the whole lot in a couple of days you just connect it to the beer line and open the release valve to allow air in to replace the beer sucked out. Obviously the air will oxidise the beer over time.

If you're drinking it over a longer period you want to replace the withdrawn beer with a blanket of co2. You only need a tiny amount of pressure so it uses very little co2 - a 5kg extinguisher should dispense 100 cornys by this method. I used a spare camping gas regulator to reduce the regulator pressure to about 0.5psi. A friend successfully uses the co2 from whatever he's brewing at the time to replace the beer sucked out.

phynes1

Deadly, Looking at ebay and you can get them for 30 odd pound from the UK. Why is this one so expensive?

Would you take 50 euro for it?

PH

paddyp

Quote from: phynes1 on July 13, 2016, 11:06:17 AM
Deadly, Looking at ebay and you can get them for 30 odd pound from the UK. Why is this one so expensive?

Would you take 50 euro for it?

I'm just looking to recoup my costs for purchase, shipping and overhaul.

If you can get an overhauled waterjacketed cq model in excellent condition for £30 I would advise you to buy 10 of them.

Don't forget to add £20 for postage and parcel motel if its packaged in anyway appropriately.

A lot of the angrams on ebay are 30+ years old, damaged, rusty, not waterjacketed and would need a full ovehaul kit.

phynes1

You make a good point. I dont think I could justify handing over 130 to the missus.

How low can you go? 

PH

paddyp

Quote from: phynes1 on July 13, 2016, 11:56:30 AM
You make a good point. I dont think I could justify handing over 130 to the missus.

How low can you go?

As I said I am looking to recoup my costs. €120 is the lowest I would go.

Since you draw comparison to ebay:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=angram%20cq&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

The average price of a single cq pump in the completed listings is £85 + £10-£20 postage + parcel motel - €120-€135
(ignoring the banged up CO mislabelled as CQ and the 'dummy pump' that has no actual pump)

Bear in mind that a lot of that average price are, very old, dinged up, in unknown operating condition, not overhauled, not water jacketed.

phynes1

If there's no need for delivery, could you do it for 110 euro?

If I say I'll take it now, could you hold onto it for me until Sat 23rd July? I could come and collect it off you then.

PH

paddyp

Quote from: auralabuse on July 19, 2016, 07:12:56 PM
Its a great price for that beer engine.

Thanks. I'm suprised so few Irish people understand how loverly they are. Sad to see it go but needed the room for my new (to me) vintage guinness compensator tap.

Will_D

Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

paddyp