• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 09:24:11 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Constitution for local clubs

Started by Endatheworld, July 24, 2016, 05:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Endatheworld

Hey Guys. Do any of your clubs have their own constitution. I am aware that NHC has one but not sure if we are all covered under that? The reason I am asking is that I was speaking to a local guy the other day and mentioned to him about the Erne Homebrew Club. He told me that the council provide funding to local community clubs and that we should apply for it. We would need however to have a constitution set and a management committee. If any of the local clubs do have one I would be obliged if you wouldn't mind sharing it so i could perhaps use it as a base for ours?  :)

pob

I'd be surprised if any of the local clubs have one (they tend to be a collective rather than a structured club, some have nominal peppercorn fees (I stand corrected of course); just use the NHC one with relevant bits edited for yourself, hold a meeting, elect your committee & off you go.
(Also try & see if you can get a copy off a local football, tennis, hockey, extreme ironing club in area)
Best of luck.

irish_goat

What's the council grant called? Must check if Derry has one similar.

Endatheworld

Quote from: irish_goat on July 25, 2016, 10:58:14 AM
What's the council grant called? Must check if Derry has one similar.

I am not sure what the grant is called. He didn't mention a name. He just said that you could get anything from £200-£1000. He did mention that it would be benificial to have people from 'both communities'.  ;) This guy has chaired/run several community groups over the years is a bit of an 'expert' at getting funding! I hope to speak to him later in the week as he is going to look over our clubs new constitution. I can ask him then.

Leann ull

Quote from: Endatheworld on July 25, 2016, 11:08:45 AM
it would be benificial to have people from 'both communities'.  ;)

I think that the "we love each for old rope money" has gone in the last budget.
Although I know a few people from Swords, so it may be worth a go for us in GCB as well :P