• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 20, 2024, 05:06:27 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

The Great Quintessential Ales Competition

Started by sub82, August 02, 2016, 09:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redshift

I have an ESB kegged which I'm hoping to enter.
Everyone has to believe in something, I believe I'll have another drink...

Dr Brown Ale

Just registered a Porter.

I wonder is anyone from Capital doing collections.

Acott

Registered for a Brown ale, will be the first brew in my new fermentation fridge...what could go wrong  ???

sub82

Quote from: Beechlawn Brewing on September 14, 2016, 10:04:12 AM
Just registered a Porter.

I wonder is anyone from Capital doing collections.

We're currently planning drop point format and hope to update soon.

Bazza

Hey All,

Guess what - the forecast for tomorrow is warm sunshine. Perfect weather for a sneaky brew (or 4) outside, in fact.

But, while you're brewing in the unseasonable heat, bear in mind that at any moment you could be plunged into the dank darkness that is the Irish Autumn, so an IPA or the like will bring you cold comfort when this eventuality happens.

'But what shall I brew, then?' I hear you cry. Well, just off the top of my head how about one, two, or all of the following:

11C. British Strong Bitter
13B. British Brown Ale
13C. English Porter
15B. Irish Stout

Yum*4

And afterwards ask yourself, as you're enjoying the fruits of your labour by a roaring fire, coughing your lungs up because you forgot to get the chimney swept:
Is it nice? Yep!
Would you like a nice shiny medal to glint in the glow of this smoky inferno? You betcha!
Are you missing Belfast, because she sure misses you? Sob! -Stoppit!
Are those tears in your eyes from the smoke?  Ach..feck off

...then you know what you have to do. The good news is, you've still 5 whole weeks to do it :) **

Go on....

Go on....

GWAN!!

-Barry

**3 weeks left to register

Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

Partridge9

Folks, I'm doing a pick up point for this comp

Probably best for people to club their entries to avoid lots of individual trips to malahide  O0

sub82

Quote from: Partridge9 on September 20, 2016, 07:51:29 PM
Folks, I'm doing a pick up point for this comp

Probably best for people to club their entries to avoid lots of individual trips to malahide  O0

Many thanks for this - it's really appreciated!

Ciaran

1st Prize update

Geterbrewed are kindly offering to sponsor the competitions BOS 1st prize and have offered to brew the winning recipe on their new Brewiks system and keg it for sale.  They will be offering a key keg home for the winner and are also looking into the possibility that the rest can be put out for sale with interested retailers (this part is TBC depending on interested parties).  There also may need to be some sensible caveats should there are any seriously hard to get ingredients used etc so further details may follow but hopefully no issues here given the categories of the competition.

DoubleG

Can you bring your entries with you on the day if you are judging or will you need the bottles in a few weeks before the judging day?

Bazza

Quote from: DoubleG on September 21, 2016, 02:41:29 PM
Can you bring your entries with you on the day if you are judging or will you need the bottles in a few weeks before the judging day?

It's preferred that they're with us in adance to get labelling, etc done, but a handful on the day are okay. As long as you register in good time we can bring the labels with us on the day.

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

Bazza

Have you seen that amazing prize??

Plenty of time to get a brew on and possibly see your winning brew being enjoyed by lucky punters in your local.

I know I'm sticking another brew on tonight to increase my chances  O0

Many thanks again to Geterbrewed for such an excellent prize!

- Barry
― Groucho Marx

Roo

Well now.....must make some room in my schedule for a wee brew
Life moves pretty fast.....if you don't stop and look around once in a while....you could miss it.

pob

Great prize guys!

My entry went into the fermenter yesterday :)

robotmonkey

BrewDorg

Might have an entry myself. What's the story with drop offs at the moment? I could do Dublin, but not Belfast directly. I can also act as a drop off for Kilkenny and surrounding areas, I'd be willing to make the trip up if needed.