• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 06:31:44 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

00 flour/durum wheat flour

Started by CC, August 25, 2016, 05:16:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CC

lads i've recently got into making a bit of my own pasta and most reliable italian sources recomend a blend of 75:25 "00" flour with durum wheat flour....the "00" doubles up as the best stuff for pizza aswell i believe.... anyone any good value sources for these??

Mudder

Aldi have the 00 for 2 quid for 1.5kg

CC

cheers just saw that on the pizza thread...

Shanna

Quote from: CC on August 25, 2016, 05:16:03 PM
lads i've recently got into making a bit of my own pasta and most reliable italian sources recomend a blend of 75:25 "00" flour with durum wheat flour....the "00" doubles up as the best stuff for pizza aswell i believe.... anyone any good value sources for these??
So we can expect "a signature dish" sometime in the future? Calzone or lasagna sounds just the ticket :)

Shanns
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

molc

Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

BrewDorg

Is the 00 flour in Aldi next to the regular stuff or somewhere else? Went in to get some in Kilkenny and couldn't find it

johnrm

I found it in the offers section towards the front of the store in Midleton.
There was not a huge amount of it, but enough to get punters into the store.

pob

Got this a couple of weeks ago from Amazon UK, makes a good pizza  Molino Grassi Italian Flour for Pizzas and Focaccia 1 kg (Pack of 10 x 1kg) - £10.83 (£1.08 / kg), approx €12.70.

Add it to an order over £20 for free shipping.

CC

Quote from: Shanna on August 25, 2016, 08:39:42 PM
Quote from: CC on August 25, 2016, 05:16:03 PM
So we can expect "a signature dish" sometime in the future? Calzone or lasagna sounds just the ticket :)

Shanns

CC

Shanna you gave me the nudge i needed to start the arduous search for a signature dish.... mrs cc is eternally grateful to you!!!!!!!

Jacob

Bought few kilos of 00 flour in JC's Swords for ~1.40e per kg.

Eoin

This stuff gets pretty high ratings too, as almost equivalent to Caputo and you can get 1, 10 or 25kg bags in Little Italy in Dublin. The prices are very reasonable too.

http://www.littleitalyltd.com/shop-online/bread-pasta-pizza/247/

cruiscinlan

Where are you getting the durum wheat that you're blending with the '00'?