• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 08:22:21 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Spare Saflager w-34/70 yeast!

Started by Keg, November 30, 2016, 09:54:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keg

Hi lads

By any chance would any of you have a spare packet of Saflager w-34/70 yeast?

I'm planning to brew a Vienna lager on Friday evening and just realised that I need 2 packets of this rather than 1.

I'll order another one but it might not arrive for the weekend.

Thanks
Keith

tipp brewer

Unfortunately I don't but could you build a starter to strengthen the yeast a bit?

Dracusse

Build a starter ... i can borrow you a diy stirrer for that if you want .

Keg

Cheers lads, I don't know if that's an option for dry yeast,especially at short notice -  I guess it would need a few days !  I have another packet on the way from the HBC so if that arrives tomorrow I'll go ahead as planned.

DEMPSEY

Delay your brew day and get the correct amount of yeast needed. I presume this is a Lager and 1 packet is definitely not enough,sometimes its 3 packets. On the Lagers your best get a wet yeast and grow a starter.
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Keg

Quote from: DEMPSEY on December 01, 2016, 11:37:52 PM
Delay your brew day and get the correct amount of yeast needed. I presume this is a Lager and 1 packet is definitely not enough,sometimes its 3 packets. On the Lagers your best get a wet yeast and grow a starter.
Cheers for the advice. I think I'll stick to liquid yeast in future and make starters. 

Thankfully The Homebrew Company sorted me out, I rang yesterday morning and told them the mistake I made, more yeast was delivered today, great service!