• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 01:27:24 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Good Beers On Tap Now

Started by irish_goat, April 23, 2017, 05:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irish_goat

Folks, looking for a few suggestions for either venues or beers worth trying that are on tap this week (in Dublin). Will be bringing a few of the BrewCon speakers to some spots in Dublin so any recommendations would be appreciated.

Usual suspects such as Porterhouse, ATG, Brew Dock, Black Sheep are on the list but open to all suggestion, particularly if something decent is tapped up.

On a similar note, is the Beer Market any use these days?

Jonnycheech

AFAIK The Beermarket aint worth the effort these days; overpriced and a poor selection.

P Macs is definitely worth checking out; very nice current selection of decent beer!

if you're doing a crawl: ATG, P Macs & Porterhouse Central would be a good call. There's a good night drinking right there!
Tapped: FES, NEIPA, CocoIMS, Flanders 2018, Passion Fruit/Peach BW
Fermentors: Raspberry Wheat, Session IPA
Bottled: Cherry Lambic 2019

Pheeel

Went to Pmacs for the first time last month. Not that impressed...
Issues with your membership? PM me!

Jonnycheech

Quote from: Pheeel on April 23, 2017, 07:50:22 PM
Went to Pmacs for the first time last month. Not that impressed...

it's far better than most non-craft only bars in Dublin!
Tapped: FES, NEIPA, CocoIMS, Flanders 2018, Passion Fruit/Peach BW
Fermentors: Raspberry Wheat, Session IPA
Bottled: Cherry Lambic 2019

nigel_c

I like pmacs. Good selection of beers when I was in.

irish_goat

Maybe the question should have been, which pubs would a craft beer loving yank like? Is there anywhere like what the Bull and Castle used to be? i.e. plenty of varied Irish craft beers at a reasonable price. I like the GBB pubs but sometimes the selection is all GBB or expensive international stuff.

garciaBernal

Try also The Beerhouse on Capel St. Alfie Byrnes although GBB is pretty good and I've started going there instead of The Beer Market recently. P. Macs always has something good plus atmosphere. Cassidys is similar to P. Macs but also worth a shot. 57 Headline is a must.
"If you do not enjoy my beer, then I say it is a pity for you!" Armand DeBelder-Drie Fonteinen

jawalemon

I think PMacs is the best in town at the moment for beer, music and atmosphere. The Galway Bay bars have lost a lot of the diversity in four of their own beers, which is fine as they are a brewery but I'm not a huge fan of most of their beers.

irish_goat

Quote from: jawalemon on April 24, 2017, 12:33:01 PM
I think PMacs is the best in town at the moment for beer, music and atmosphere. The Galway Bay bars have lost a lot of the diversity in four of their own beers, which is fine as they are a brewery but I'm not a huge fan of most of their beers.

Yeah, I don't mind their beers too much but I sometimes find them a bit expensive.Plus, it's not a great way to show off the best of Irish beer if the lineup is dominated by GBB. Will give PMacs a go I reckon and take them to GBB for Of Foam and Fury anyway.