• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 06:30:05 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

BarrelO'Rebel II.II- Return of the Rebel

Started by Dr Horrible, December 26, 2017, 09:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrewDorg

Keg has been used since then, so should be cleaned and sanitised, ready to go. Will check that out Dr H, never noticed that?! Do you mean I have two gas posts or the dip tubes are swapped?

Dr Horrible

Quote from: BrewDorg on March 29, 2018, 04:29:12 PM
Keg has been used since then, so should be cleaned and sanitised, ready to go. Will check that out Dr H, never noticed that?! Do you mean I have two gas posts or the dip tubes are swapped?
One of the kegs had two gas posts, thought it was yours, but could be wrong. Wasnt a big deal for filling but probably a pain when you've got a nice batch in there.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

raymurph

1 Dr. Horrible - Imperial Stout (or Porter)
2 mr hoppy - Courage 1914 Russian Imperial Stout
3. Johnrm - Tyler Durden? Oh yeah!
4. BrewDorg - whatever you guys want
5. Cambrinus - Imperial stout (or Porter)
6. Untempered - Imperial stout (or Porter)
7. Dcalnan - Imperial stout suits me
8. LordEoin - MrHoppy's imperial stout
9. Raymurph - Imperial Stout or whatever people want. ;)

dcalnan

If people can start making a brewed list that would be great. I know a good few have brewed their contributions so far. I'll be brewing at the weekend.

johnrm

1. Dr. Horrible -
2. mr hoppy -
3. Johnrm - 15l@1.089, 24l@1.075
4. BrewDorg -
5. Cambrinus -
6. Untempered -
7. Dcalnan -
8. LordEoin -
9. Raymurph -

Dr Horrible

May 08, 2018, 09:49:02 PM #80 Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 09:55:10 PM by Dr Horrible
Putting all the info from the other thread and the WhatsApp group in here, looks like we're nearly there.

1. Dr. Horrible - 20l@1.086
2. Mr Hoppy - 21l @ 1.082
4. BrewDorg - 19L @ 1.085
5. Cambrinus- 23l @ 1.089
6. Untempered -
7. Dcalnan - 21L@1.084
8. LordEoin  - 21l @ 1.080
9. Raymurph -19L@1.086

johnrm

SkiBeagle

1. Dr. Horrible - 20l@1.086
2. Mr Hoppy - 21l @ 1.082
4. BrewDorg - 19L @ 1.085
5. Cambrinus- 23l @ 1.089
6. Untempered -
7. Dcalnan - 21L@1.084
8. LordEoin  - 21l @ 1.080
9. Raymurph -19L@1.086
10. SkiBeagle - 22L @ 1.070

Brewday from hell! My Buffalo MLT leaked and took the morning to fix and retest. Couldn't fit full volume in the MLT, so had to do a 10L sparge. Was preboiling the sparge water in the Bulldog to de-ox it, and discovered the element switch in the dog had failed. Disaster. Boiled the sparge water on the stove and chilled back down to 76C in the sink. Drained the MLT into the Bulldog. Added sparge water and continued. Lost more volume to absorption than I expected. Also, gravity was lower than expected. Removed the grain, cleaned the MLT and drained the Bulldog back into MLT to begin boiling. Ramping to boil took ages, and eventually I realised why. The Buffalo thermostat was cutting in/out around 100C and was constantly interrupting the electronics. (It's not designed for boiling.) Finally got it boiled. Found that a temperature sensor was not properly seated, causing mash temps to be higher than normal which explains the lower gravity. Anyway, it's in the can now, fermenting.

johnrm

Sounds like a bit of an ordeal alright!
It will be worth it!

So thats the quota lads.
Need to sort an empty/fill date - Lets do that on Whatsapp

SkiBeagle

For filling, do we bring fermenters/kegs or how does that work?

Dr Horrible

Whichever suits - we can pressure transfer from kegs or siphon from containers. If you have over 19l then probably a container as we need all the volume.

johnrm

Be mindful that in transit there is a risk of oxygen pickup.
A sealed CO2 purged vessel is best.
Some will be heading home with sloshing beer...

dcalnan

So plan is to empty and fill this soon, if people can get their imperial porter into a suitable container for transport down  in and then another container for the barley wine. Get onto me or John for collection or drop it to Dr.H directly.

Dr Horrible

Currently have 3 batches sitting by the barrel, hoping to have five by Thursday so we should be on track for the weekend. Anyone still looking to drop off full kegs of porter or empty kegs to fill with the barrel batch please contact myself, Dcalnan or Johnrm.

johnrm

I have 4 batches.
Johnrm x2
Frans
Oisin

I'll ping you on WA to arrange drop.