• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 09:55:27 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Moving to Limerick

Started by craftyfecker, November 13, 2018, 05:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

craftyfecker

Hi all,

As the titles says, I'm moving to Limerick City in the coming weeks.
I can see from the forum here that there isn't a lot of meets.... Is this something people are not interested in or is there a separate Whatsapp group for organising meets?

Also, Im moving into a house on South Circular Road. According to Irish Water, I would be on the "Limerick City Environs PWS" supply.
Is there anyone else in this region that would have a water report? Irish water only give info on Chloride, Sulphate and Sodium. No mention of Calcium, Magnesium or Bicarbonate...
The water tastes fine but would be great to know the starting mineral concentrations are to take the guess work out.

Anyway, looking forward to Limerick City and hopefully we can get a meet setup before the new year

Keg

Hey Craftyfecker

There are a few of us around Limerick mixed between City and County and a few in Tipp also.  Organised meet ups are pretty rare as we've struggled with numbers, but there's a WhatsApp group (pretty recent for us) and a few of us meet randomly now and again to swap/drink/talk beer and Mother Macs are always supportive of us.

Send me a pm now or whenever you get to Limerick with your details and I'll add you to the WhatsApp.

Good luck with the move!
Keith

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Dracusse

Wellcome ... And you wont be far away from me so any time you need something or fancy beer swap let me know ;)

meabhar

Hi all!
I'm also interested in joining up for meets and exchanges of ideas, homebrews and general banter.
I've made about 4 batches of bitter, IPA, American amber ale over the last three years.
I've just made a tasty batch of IPA.
I notice the Limerick group had messages and it tailed off. Is anyone using the WhatsApp group? If so let me know.
When is the next meeting in Mother Macs or elsewhere?

And don't worry - have a homebrew! (sorry, that's stolen from Charlie Papazian's "Joy of Homebrewing", which I bought years ago and is a great source.

meabhar

Zeptar

Hi, just thought I'd add to this post. I've been keeping an eye on the Limerick brewers forum for a good while now to see if there are any meets or anything going on but it seems to have died down a bit. I see there's a WhatsApp group that might have a bit more going on in it. I'm based in Ennis but the Limerick club would be the closest to me so I'd like to get involved if possible. Been brewing all grain for about 2 years. Don't know anyone else into brewing so it'd be nice to meet a few other brewers and share tips/ideas and a few beers of course!
Cheers
Neil