• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 10:42:30 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Sensory Session Refresher...

Started by Andrew, January 08, 2019, 01:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew

I'm thinking of running a sensory session refresher a week before the BJCP exam on the 9th of March. It will be a more focused event- I will be concentrating on 6 flavours which you are almost guaranteed to encounter during a competition, including acedaldehyde, DMS, diacetyl, oxidation, chlorophenol and ester/phenolic.

Anyone interested?
Andrew
@beoirfinder

Qs

If the exam goes ahead I'd definitely be interested

BrewDorg

Not available if the week before is set in stone. But interested if it's a date that suits.

Andrew

Quote from: BrewDorg on January 08, 2019, 03:01:06 PM
Not available if the week before is set in stone. But interested if it's a date that suits.
It's okay Oisin, I'm seeing if there is any interest, then we'll try and work on a date that suits the most people.
Andrew
@beoirfinder

helmet

I'd be interested, date dependent.

JDC

Cheers Andrew, yep I'd be keen on attending. Just need to confirm that I can make the exam itself first of all.
Garden County Brewers

https://gcbrewers.wordpress.com/

Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

mick02

Hi Andrew,

Lots of things going on in Feb March so can't confirm right now but definitely interested.
NHC Committee member

kilianw

Hey,
Unfortunately I can't make the exam but am definitely interested in the class if there's room.
Kilian

Enviado do meu Moto G (5) através do Tapatalk

Padraic

Interested definitely, not 100% sure of availability just yet..

I mean who wouldn't be interested?

pob

Defo put me down for this.

For anyone who has never done one of these, this is really worth doing (should nearly do it annually to keep your nose/tastebuds in tune).

Once you get to identify/recognise  them, your brewing will improve.

Any assistance you get in picking out flaws in your and/or other people's beer, helps brings up the standard across the board.

nigel_c

Local clubs should throw and few quid in a pint glass at a meet up and very quickly barb funds for a kit of their own. We did it a few years back in the north county and are talking about another refresher kit.

helmet

SlugTrap

I'm in.

Would that be this weekend?

Andrew

BJCP mock exam and sensory refresher this Saturday, 2nd March in JW Sweetmans- 10:45am for kick off at 11am.
Andrew
@beoirfinder

Padraic

Thanks for setting this up Andrew, unfortunately I am away this weekend.

I would encourage everyone to go along to this not just those doing the exam!