• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 19, 2024, 12:40:37 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Re: Group buy: Crankenstein Mills

Started by Paul, December 23, 2012, 12:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rukkus

Would anyone be able to drop mine into an office on harcourt street?

Paul

I will. Does it make sense for you to take both Wexford mills?

rukkus

Thanks that would be awesome :D

Yep i can take tucans also if thats ok with him.

I'll get exact location and make sure there would be someone around to take it when i'm in work tomorrow. What day would suit you best?

Tucan

That would be great with me .

Thanks Paul for all the work put in on this .

christhebrewer

So mine end's up in Jimmy(formerly the artist known as James)M's house in Killiney?
If I'm reading this right that's cool. Thanks lads!

JimmyM

Good job i was browsing this..
I forgot i had chris's hops.
If shane wants to bring your mill to the meeting tomorrow i can hold it for ya.

They'll be in a different house than you were at last time Chris - im in bayview now. Getting closer to ya :P
Formerly JamesM.

Paul

Now that most of these have been distributed, has anyone got any good ideas on making a base and hopper for the mill ?

Ciderhead

QuoteNow that most of these have been distributed, has anyone got any good ideas on making a base and hopper for the mill ?

Post #19

Greg2013

I am still on my first kit so forgive the intrusion ::) My suggestion would be food grade stainless steel or food grade polycarbonate. Personally i would go with the polycarbonate as its easier to repair if it cracks which is unlikely anyway,it is way lighter but still plenty tough and as far as i can remember its cheaper to build a custom piece. You could also build the base from polycarbonate which would make the whole unit solid but light.

If someone gives me dimensions i can price a stainless and maybe a poly version locally from the crowd that made the Dublin spire.They frequently have odds and ends from big projects so i can see what can be done,NO PROMISES ;D
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Ciderhead

If someone gives me dimensions i can price a stainless and maybe a poly version locally from the crowd that made the Dublin spire.

How much grain were you thinking of loading at a time ;D ;D ;D

Greg2013

Fifteen ton Boss ;D nah seriously i am going out there soon anyway to visit the parents and its just over the road so i am going to price a stainless steel paddle from one of the lads from odds and ends and i could ask aboutr small hoppers while i am there? What size are we talking anyway? ::)
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Ciderhead

QuoteBTW, I now have mills for

7. Down2die 2A  Paid €106 Donegal   (Snuff)
11. Christhebrewer 2S Paid Bray        (Snuff)
12. Johnrm 2S Paid EUR88 Cork       (Snuff)

Lads, collection won't be possible between Jan 15th and 4th of March.

Johnrm I can collect yours along with glassware, ditto Chris

Greg2013

Yep ciderheadf i had a look at that, no way i could get a better price than that :'(

Shane Phelan

Johnrm I can collect yours along with glassware, ditto Chris
I have no glassware for anyone just in case anyone thinks I do.

That's going to change soon...

QuoteTubular      0      0      1      1      0      0 (Also taking Down2die,Hop bomb stuff)

St. Fursey is collecting them this evening and dropping them over to you on Sunday I think.
Brew Log