• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 15, 2024, 12:37:29 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Tapatalk is gone!

Started by Metattron, May 13, 2013, 09:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metattron

We've had to remove tapatalk from the site as it was causing too many problems.  It was interfering with the pm system and causing pages to redirect incorrectly which was holding up the roll out of paid subscriptions.  The main issue is that the available version is not fully compatible with the version of SMF we are running.  We will contact Tapatalk to see what help they can give or find out when an updated version will be released.  Until then it's back to the browser I'm afraid.
In primary:
In secondary: Wine, Melomel
In keg: Teddy Hopper, Coconut stout, 4 Cs, Buzz bomb, Never Sierra, Bock, OD
In the fridge: Helles Lager, Hob Gob

Shane Phelan

Cant you just disable PM's or somethin? Even enable browsing at the very least, the site is unusable in the browser on a smart phone compared to Tapatalk.
Brew Log

RichC

Tapatalk just kicked me out in the last few minutes, mid-post. Shit shit shit!!!!!!!

RichC

It's a real pain in the h0le using the site on my phone, probably my fat fingers or something but on more than 1 occasion I've nearly reported posts to the moderators by accident

Ciderhead

bloody hell thats a pisser I just spent 7€ on apps, I was a sceptic to start now I'm a tapatalk groupie.
There must be something we can do as I can't user safari to browse the site its a pita.

delzep

Using Dolphin browser on my phone on this site is grand. Just double tap the screen and it automatically zooms in to size

Chris

That's a shame I find tapatalk really does make browsing the sit so much handier. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.
Primary: Back to Black Again (Michael Jackson stout)
Secondary:
Conditioning:  Breac Donn Imperial Amber Ale
Drinking: Cascade Reaction Amber Ale, Fear Gorm Irish stout, lonesome pilgrim pale ale
Planned: imperial stout, finlandia kit hack

Jacob

Quote from: Tube on May 13, 2013, 10:15:24 PM
Quote from: Ciderhead on May 13, 2013, 10:11:32 PM
There must be something we can do as I can't user safari to browse the site its a pita.
We hope that tapatalk will return but for now Metattron unwound it as it was causing problems.

Rossa

I use chrome on my phone and the site still isn't right out ready to navigate. Tapatalk is extremely handy when in on the go and to have all my forums only a click away was perfect. I'd see myself visiting less when using the browser on my phone as it is as pain  in the hoop.

Jacob

Tested with Chrome, Dolphin & some built in web browser.
No comparison with TT.

Jacob

Quote from: Tube on May 14, 2013, 08:36:04 AM
I use Opera Mobile. while not as convenient as TT it's still well usable.
Would prefer to use TT, specially that using it already for other sites.
Also it's annoying enough even from the pc when have to type posts or PM's again because of session timeouts :/

johnrm

I was sceptical about TT but having used it find it useful but imperfect.

Jacob

Quote from: Tube on May 14, 2013, 09:18:47 AM
I don't use TT for any other site, but if you're having session time-outs that's a different story and needs to be looked at.
Don't have those problems with TT. Way to often when using it from PC and regular browser.
That happening even after 'Always stay logged in' option was selected.

Ciderhead

Bubbles

:(

I just bought Tapatalk 3 days ago! Great timing on my part, or what??

I hope the admins are able to resolve the incompatibility, as others have already said,  the forum is a PITA to use in a browser. That said, I've been surprised at Tapatalk's design, which doesn't seem very intuitive to me.