• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 23, 2024, 10:57:01 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Igloo 10 Gallon Barrel Mash Tun

Started by Damien M, May 31, 2013, 04:26:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damien M

OK here goes!  Is there anybody interested in a GB for the above.

I have done a little web research which is ongoing and am trying to get a supply of these in country for as GroupBuy a price as possible!! Not having much luck, but so far.

Up north for 105 euro ( as seen on a previous GB)
Over the Irish Sea for a little less but shipping hurts it.
Asked  OMaras Camping  to get a Group Buy price for 10 ish which would be in country and maybe get an ongoing stock for us HBers. They don't stock normally but are asking their supplier to get a quote

This is really an expression of interest list, so i you think you want a new/bigger Mash Tun and are willing to pay around the 100 Es put yer name here.  And before ye ask yes it does come with a low drain valve  but does not come with a false bottom or SS valve.!! :'(

1. Damun     

Ciderhead

If I didn't have a 36 litre coleman extreme, I'd be well up for this as they are very efficient :(

Garry

DaMun, mine arrived this morning, I'd be interested otherwise :(. Here are a few snaps which might get others interested. I'm waiting for a false bottom and a few fittings before I can finish it.

Ciderhead

Quote from: Garry on May 31, 2013, 05:14:17 PM
DaMun, mine arrived this morning, I'd be interested otherwise :(. Here are a few snaps which might get others interested. I'm waiting for a false bottom and a few fittings before I can finish it.

Bit of a fecker for ya if DaMun gets them cheap  :)

Garry

Quote from: Ciderhead on May 31, 2013, 05:39:05 PM
Bit of a fecker for ya if DaMun gets them cheap  :)
Rub it in why don't ya   :P

Damien M

I've had had no luck getting these imported :'( so Damofo an Me may have to go to the North, just like Garry!!!! I am going to see if I can get a some shipped from the US. Big and bulky is going to be a problem!!! but you never know!!!  ::)

Damofto

Thanks for looking into this DaMun. I'm in no major rush for this, let me know whatever you think is the best option and we'll go with that.

Damien M

Cheers Damofto,

I'm the same as I have a 5 gal box cooler that might do until I follow Dempsey/Delzep  to All Steel All grain route!!!

I've asked O'Maras to see if they can get 5 and 10 gal barrel Igloos in their next order Oct Nov so we would have an Irish (euro) source (no offence to our northern brothers in booze) time will tell !!!? 

If i find one(eh 2) US deliverable I'll let you know.

Damun.

Gar

Garry, is the diameter at the bottom the same as the top? i.e. What diameter false bottom do you use?

Garry

Hi Gar (that's what my mother calls me :P)

The base is around 310mm diameter. The top is a bit wider at 332mm. A 12 inch false bottom fits sweet.

mr hoppy

Garry

Quote from: mr happy on November 14, 2013, 11:13:18 PM
That looks sweet.

It's idle most of the time if you ever want to borrow it. I can drop it over to you.

mr hoppy