• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 04:27:47 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Next meeting date

Started by St. Fursey, June 22, 2013, 12:17:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beardybrewer

Bah!  I guess we missed it.  Myself and a mate were on for the next one but I haven't logged in here for a while.

Any chance we can subscribe to an email newsletter or other form of notification?

I'll try to check in here more often and catch the next one so.
All my brews news and recipes in the lounge.

eanna

Hi newkie,

We don't have something like that set up unfortunately. We've been sticking to the last Friday of the month fairly well (apart from the last meet), so checking back around that time would be your best bet.

DrowningManatee

didnt make this one as me mates had a film thingame at the same time, what did ye get up to anyways? i went into the salthouse a few times lookin for ye hoping you'd head back there...
Primary :
Grapefruit mead

Secondary:
Orange Blossom Mead
Blackberry Mead

Bottled:

Hop Bomb

It was too late for Salthouse by the time we got to town. We had a taste of the barrel stout, got a tour of the new Galway Bay Brewery & then the usual tasting & chat. Maybe 12 people at the meeting? I think Kevco5 is doing a write up as he was taking notes & pics.
On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.

DrowningManatee

nice one, was the stout carbed? delicious soup :) new brewery? time to apply for a job methinks...
Primary :
Grapefruit mead

Secondary:
Orange Blossom Mead
Blackberry Mead

Bottled:

montofk

Not so much carbed but a healthy smack around the chops from Mr Bushmills.... It's not going to be a drink for the feint hearted. Has lovely promise though if the whiskey can mellow out a bit. Something to look forward to when Ireland returns to it's correct latitude.. back to when the nights are long and evenings are cold. :)

DrowningManatee

jeez, dya reckon we should maybe take it out of the barrel if the whiskey's too strong a flavour in it? cant see it mellowing out in the barrel. those 20L barrels are only supposed to have beer in them a few weeks to get whiskey notes so arent we just furthering the problem? dont know about any o this just speculating...
Primary :
Grapefruit mead

Secondary:
Orange Blossom Mead
Blackberry Mead

Bottled:

eanna

The wood flavour might come out more with time and balance the whiskey. Those 20l barrels are fresh unused wood and a much larger surface area to volume, the danger is too much of a wood flavour. That problem will take much longer for us to encounter.

I'm for leaving it longer anyway, as long as there's a few bottles for December I'm happy.

Hop Bomb

Its a barrel aged stout so lets give it time to age.

Reviews of the original beer/recipe:

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/112/87756

barkar

Whens the next meet up is it Friday ?

Hop Bomb

Dunno. I wont make this Fri anyway.

Kevco5

Nothing organised for this Friday as far as I know, I'll start a poll this evening once I'm at a pc. I think best bet would be leave it until after race week.

barkar

i wouldnt leave it so long ... , salthouse had a lovely cask on last Saturday , Metalman pale with Cascade and summit dry hop, was delicious  ;D

Kevco5

It's easy meet up for a few pints, nothing official so no homebrew, if anyone fancies it!

St. Fursey

We've been getting lazy!
Friday August 30th for our next meeting ;D