• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 18, 2024, 09:47:48 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

BJCP - July 20th

Started by Padraic, June 27, 2013, 01:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Padraic

June 27, 2013, 01:17:05 PM Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 01:52:33 PM by Padraic
If you're not doing the course, please don't vote! (Cana mod police this for me?)

I know of 3-4 from the course who are going to the convention so it would be good to think about moving this date out into the future?

EDIT - Just to confirm this date would be set in a few months time not in the next few weeks! (October or November probably)

Saruman (Reuben Gray)

I can't do it the week before either. 27th might be ok
Reuben Gray

The Tale of the Ale - My blog about beer

Padraic

27th we're at the mini maker faire!

Padraic

My next free saturday is August 3rd! (Bank holiday weekend, so probably won't suit others!)

matthewdick23

20ths only date i can do it on

Padraic

I was actually thinking more of sending the date out to a less busy time like November or something?!?

Saruman (Reuben Gray)

That will work yes. Just skip July and continue in August
Reuben Gray

The Tale of the Ale - My blog about beer

Will_D

Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

matthewdick23

yeah, that sounds better- bit close to july to be rearranging july date for another wkend in that month- nov sounds good. mayb a sat/sun 2 dayer?

Andrew

Another option might be to see how we get on on Saturday and take a vote after. The plus side is you won't have "non-attendees" voting.
Andrew
@beoirfinder

kev

Id prefer to shift it back to autumn, instead of trying to reschedule in July

Padraic

Looks conclusive, we'll skip July and arrange another date in autumn sometime! I'll follow this up later in the week!

Will_D

One question about the tasting exam.

As each beer is presented you are told the Cat & Sub-Cat. Are you also given the descriptive Name, like:

"Here is beer number 3 it's a Cat 11, Subcat C Ale, An  example of a Northern English Brown Ale"

or is just H"ere's a 15C"!!
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Padraic

You get the name and category, I'm hoping for "1A - Lite American Lager" to be amongst the beers on the day!

matthewdick23

ha! you see american light lager just won the national homebrew comp in states over the weekend! crazy!