• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 11:07:13 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Brew day in the LC

Started by admin, September 04, 2013, 08:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Was outside down the back of the LC on Monday, turns out they've a huge outdoor area which leads to the cellars that's enclosed, and very sheltered. Might be good for a brew day.

Will ask next time I'm down for a pint. Could be epic.

delzep

Good idea. What would be in it for the LC though? Yeah there's lads there buying pints and that but would they want boozed up lads messin about with electricity and liquids? I mean who is gonna be able to stay sober with their prices and range?

delzep

Give them beer to give to their customers? I suggested a while back that we should have a welcoming presence to the regular punters on tasting nights and it got shot down. How would this be different?

Not worth the 20c saving when there's rainwater in my pint ;D

delzep

I think it's probably known by most regulars that those weirdos who turn up every few weeks are drinking homebrew in the pub. If they had any interest in homebrew I still think the best way is through the staff ie if a punter mentions the homebrew/homebrewers to a member of staff, the staff could let them know that it's absolutely fine for them to drop over for a taste and a chat.

delzep

The regulars are used to not hearing a sound from the lounge cos its always empty....they know when we're there  ;D

delzep

dart board....hmmm...I love playing darts when I'm drunk even though I'm crap. Was playing against two locals in the Hacienda the other night and somehow I beat them....thankfully they were ok with it ???

delzep

Is it still homebrew if its brewed in a pub

brenmurph

why not keep it simple, advertise it and invite the locals / regulars.
get a couple of brews goin and maybe brew up a group beer to win the nationals next year :) ;) ;D

and BTW, bout feckin time Liffey had a brew day...wat was the hold up fecks sake ::)