• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 19, 2024, 07:35:42 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Cider yeast experiments

Started by admin, September 16, 2013, 09:31:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Interesting in that Notty turned out to be his favourite. I have two packs of Gervin Ale Yeast (Notty by a different name) that I bought in Wilko in Oxford, so I think I'll go with that.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f32/results-juice-yeast-sugar-experiments-83060/

Ciderhead

Ciderhead

Too late, I am a purist anyway, like my pasta I like it fresh not pot noodle :(.... wait for it...wait for it ....

Ciderhead

Oi wheres me debate on liquid v's dry, I think its like the smokes I like the whole routine of rolling my own instead of just lighting up  ;)

LordEoin

each to their own, i don't see the return on investment unless i'm looking for a very specific style yeast that  I can't get in cheaper dry form.
Re noodles: pot noodle are king, but sometimes Lidl have spicy lemongrass flavor pot noodles that are really great
Re smokes: electric FTW! 'gold' flavor goes well with beer ;)

Tom

To revive this, can I use Notty that's come from a brown ale?

Greg2013

I just had a brain fart  :o What about using Safale S33 wheat beer dry yeast on some of this(not all of it) ? Thinking of maybe doing one of my split batches with this. As for the main yeast Notty has always turned out nice for me, then again i have never done a cider from fresh apple juice before. ;)
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)