• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 05:11:36 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

American Pancakes

Started by sub82, October 05, 2013, 10:17:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sub82

This for breakfast!

James Martin American-Style Pancakes

A great recipe - the rise on the pancakes as they're cooking is amazing!

BrewCity

I so miss American pancakes. What the Irish call "pancakes" seem more like crepes. They are thin, rubbery, and just to add to the harshness of the whole experience they're topped with lemon juice.  :'(
It's the baking powder that puts the "cake" in pancake. If only we had an IHOP over here, although apparently Fenn's Quay in Cork does a respectable American pancake.

Eoin

I just had a 'kaiserschmarrn' which is a German chopped up pancake with raisins in it and covered in cinnamon sugar.

Sent using a complex system of semaphore and ninjas.

sub82

Quote from: Eoin on October 05, 2013, 12:47:44 PM
I just had a 'kaiserschmarrn' which is a German chopped up pancake with raisins in it and covered in cinnamon sugar.

TT

This sounds amazing!

Padraic

Quote from: BrewCity on October 05, 2013, 12:38:30 PM
I so miss American pancakes. What the Irish call "pancakes" seem more like crepes. They are thin, rubbery, and just to add to the harshness of the whole experience they're topped with lemon juice.  :'(
It's the baking powder that puts the "cake" in pancake. If only we had an IHOP over here, although apparently Fenn's Quay in Cork does a respectable American pancake.

The lemon is optional, and they shouldn't be rubbery! I prefer irish style ones, which are just crepes by a different name!

I love some pancakes and bacon for my breakfast!