• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 26, 2024, 04:20:40 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

6 Gallon Primary Fermentor Glass Carboys

Started by snapscrackle, October 09, 2013, 09:59:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snapscrackle

Looking to buy 1 or more 6 Gallon Primary Fermentor Glass Carboys.
Thanks.

Greg2013

Have been looking for one or more of these myself, not the easiest thing to get without importing from USA.
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Damien M

Metattron

6 US Gallons = 5 real gallons...  is that what you mean?
In primary:
In secondary: Wine, Melomel
In keg: Teddy Hopper, Coconut stout, 4 Cs, Buzz bomb, Never Sierra, Bock, OD
In the fridge: Helles Lager, Hob Gob

Damien M

Ideally the from where is:  The closer the better!!

So I have send a query to an Irish supplier to see what comes out of it and requested a combined Carboy and carrying handle price.

So, to that end and not intending to stand on toes let a list commence

1. Damun 2   

Metattron

Mybeerandwine.ie still have the 5 gallon carboys listed, if that's what you're looking for.
In primary:
In secondary: Wine, Melomel
In keg: Teddy Hopper, Coconut stout, 4 Cs, Buzz bomb, Never Sierra, Bock, OD
In the fridge: Helles Lager, Hob Gob

alealex

25 litre, wide neck carboy. anybody interested in this? Roughly €23 + delivery €?
Bad day brewing is better than good day working.

Greg2013

Alealex is that just the one or can you get more of those ?
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

alealex

Just thinking of buying one Greg. This or 54litre one in plastic protection bin, €27 + delivery charge €? Will upload pics later. Delivery per item is €20. Cheaper on gb.

Damien M

I'm Interested too in the wide neck version, easy clean!!

Greg2013

Quote from: alealex on October 10, 2013, 08:38:43 AM
Just thinking of buying one Greg. This or 54litre one in plastic protection bin, €27 + delivery charge €? Will upload pics later. Delivery per item is €20. Cheaper on gb.

I would be interested too at that price alealex. I have one question though, looking at both those pictures i am wondering how airtight is that twist on lid and that setup for installing the blow off tube ? Even a mini group but would be nice on this. Cheers. ;D

alealex

Just to give you an idea what it looks like. 34 litre one with wide neck (130mm) €35-37 + delivery, comes with airtight cap and plastic bin. Thats the biggest of wide necks.

alealex

Here is the biggest of all. 54litre carboy at the price of €27-30 + shipping (Yes cheaper than 34litre wide neck) comes with bin.