• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 29, 2024, 02:49:52 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

6 Gallon Primary Fermentor Glass Carboys

Started by snapscrackle, October 09, 2013, 09:59:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

acaoshes

Crap indeed. What's the compensation procedure in this situation? Does the NHC pay or do we all chip in to repay AleAlex?

alealex

It's ok lads nobody died, lesson learned. That was yesterday (I'll drink for it this sat night)  :)
Bad day brewing is better than good day working.

Jonnycheech

Tapped: FES, NEIPA, CocoIMS, Flanders 2018, Passion Fruit/Peach BW
Fermentors: Raspberry Wheat, Session IPA
Bottled: Cherry Lambic 2019

David

Thanks for all the work may your next brew be the nectar of the gods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cruiscinlan

September 01, 2014, 04:06:19 AM #110 Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 04:17:52 AM by cruiscinlan
If a significant numbers here are interested would you consider palletised delivery from the producer in Italy?  http://www.vetrariapescia.it/ or a supplier here http://www.destillatio.de/ or http://www.bouteilles-et-bocaux.com/shop/Bouteilles-bonbonnes/bouteille-bonbonne-25-litres-avec-panier-en-plastique.html

bigvalen

Simon_

Jonnycheech

Would a pallet guarantee their safe arrival?

Will_D

When you think what is shipped around the world what is sooo special about some big glass bottles??
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Jonnycheech

Quote from: Will_D on September 15, 2014, 10:17:06 PM
When you think what is shipped around the world what is sooo special about some big glass bottles??

Sure I agree, but I think there are a lot of variables that cannot be controlled from our end. Like, how well these items are packed and also how much care the shipping company takes with such 'fragile items'? I suppose if the homebrew shops can get them delivered in one piece, there's no reason why we can't either.

cruiscinlan

Quote from: Johnnycheech on September 16, 2014, 08:27:08 AM

Sure I agree, but I think there are a lot of variables that cannot be controlled from our end. Like, how well these items are packed and also how much care the shipping company takes with such 'fragile items'? I suppose if the homebrew shops can get them delivered in one piece, there's no reason why we can't either.

One can only imagine that the glass companies themselves are well aware of whats needed to make sure the glass gets to hwere its being sent in good condition.  The main issue seems to be finding the producers of the carboys.  Although I've found the large 54L round type ones I can't seem to find the producers of the 23L straight ones as you see them online.

Shaun