• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 01:43:23 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

6 Gallon Primary Fermentor Glass Carboys

Started by snapscrackle, October 09, 2013, 09:59:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damien M

54L narrow neck        34L wide neck      25L wide neck
                                 €27-30 + shipping   €35-37 + delivery   €23 + delivery
1. Damun                                  0                        3                             4
2. Snapscrackle                    0                           0                             2
3. Greg                                    0                        0                             2
4. JimmyM                                  0                        1                             0
5. Il Tubo                                  0                        0                             1
6. Damofto                          1                        0                             0
7. Eoghan                           0                        0                             2
8. AleAlex                                 0                        1                             0
9. acaoshes                         0                        0                             2
10. Eoin                                     4                        0                             0
11. David.                                  0                        0                             2
12. Taf                                       0                        1                             0
13. Cambrinus                     0                        1                             1
14. CARA.                            0                        0                             2
15. Saruman                        0                        1                             0
16. lordarpad                       1                        1                           0

6                        8                            18

We could split out the 54s (with baskets) and go to HBW for a price?? Brian can you give us a price in the 54s collected from Galway?

I'd still be keen on getting wide neck ones, but again Brian if you can source widenecks  get us a price? 

MisterBurns

If it's not too late to join .....

54L narrow neck        34L wide neck      25L wide neck
                                 €27-30 + shipping   €35-37 + delivery   €23 + delivery
1. Damun                             0                       3                             4
2. Snapscrackle                   0                        0                             2
3. Greg                                0                        0                             2
4. JimmyM                            0                        1                             0
5. Il Tubo                             0                        0                             1
6. Damofto                          1                        0                             0
7. Eoghan                           0                        0                             2
8. AleAlex                            0                        1                             0
9. acaoshes                        0                        0                             2
10. Eoin                               4                        0                             0
11. David.                            0                        0                             2
12. Taf                                 0                        1                             0
13. Cambrinus                     0                        1                             1
14. CARA.                             0                        0                             2
15. Saruman                        0                        1                             0
16. lordarpad                       1                        1                            0
17. MisterBurns                    0                        0                            2   

6                        8                            20

Damien M

GB's go on and On and Onnnnnn... Mister B never too late!

Greg2013

Cheers to Brian yet again. Only thing i seem to remember the original ones were only around 25 euro for the 25 litre and the Brouwland ones are double that at 45 euro aprox. That's a big jump in price for me. Am i miscalculating or is that right ?
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Saruman (Reuben Gray)

Quote from: alealex on October 10, 2013, 11:10:30 PM
Just to give you an idea what it looks like. 34 litre one with wide neck (130mm) €35-37 + delivery, comes with airtight cap and plastic bin. Thats the biggest of wide necks.

This is the one I am interested in, for that price but if it's going to escalate and/or can't get the wide neck then I will not be interested in it. I'm also not happy with the risk of getting nothing but shattered glass  :-\
Reuben Gray

The Tale of the Ale - My blog about beer

Greg2013

Do the caps and airlocks come with the Brouwland 25 litre ones ?
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

alealex

Quote from: Il Tubo on October 24, 2013, 02:11:05 PM
I got the 250 NHC drinking glasses, which are quite fragile, delivered on a pallet from England, and not one was broken!
Theres quite a difference between 54 litre carboy and 250ml glass. There's also price difference and I wonder if it's worth to take a chance  :-\
Bad day brewing is better than good day working.

acaoshes

What's the latest status of this group buy?
Is the main issue just with shipping insurance? And if so do we have a final answer on that?

alealex

None of the courier companies want to deliver 54 litre carboys :(
34 litre ones can be delivered to the door for the price of €20
Good news on the 25 litre ones, two of them can be delivered to the door for €20
DPD takes no responsibility for any glass products in the parcells but seller says he's sending few hundreds carboys in the season with hardly any complaints  :-\  in other words packed well with double layers of bubble wrap, etc, etc
Any thoughts on this one?
Bad day brewing is better than good day working.

acaoshes

I'm willing to proceed on the basis that the carboys are well wrapped and understand the liability (and shipping) is mine.
Barring further clarification maybe everyone can make up their minds on their risk appetite?
Maybe those who wish to withdraw can delete their names from this list and the remainder are those willing to proceed?

Saruman (Reuben Gray)

I'll withdraw sorry. Also thinking about the space in storing another carboy in the tiny house I have. Perhaps in the future....

1. Damun                             0                       3                             4
2. Snapscrackle                   0                        0                             2
3. Greg                                0                        0                             2
4. JimmyM                            0                        1                             0
5. Il Tubo                             0                        0                             1
6. Damofto                          1                        0                             0
7. Eoghan                           0                        0                             2
8. AleAlex                            0                        1                             0
9. acaoshes                        0                        0                             2
10. Eoin                               4                        0                             0
11. David.                            0                        0                             2
12. Taf                                 0                        1                             0
13. Cambrinus                     0                        1                             1
14. CARA.                             0                        0                             2
15. lordarpad                       1                        1                            0
16. MisterBurns                    0                        0                            2   

6                        7                            20
Reuben Gray

The Tale of the Ale - My blog about beer

Cambrinus

I also pull out, sorry lads.

2. Snapscrackle                    0                        0                             2
4. JimmyM                           0                        1                             0
7. Eoghan                            0                        0                             2
9. acaoshes                         0                        0                             2
13. CARA.                            0                        0                             2
14. lordarpad                       1                        1                            0
15. MisterBurns                    0                        0                            2   

6                        6                            19

Damofto

If the 54 litres are out then I will go for a 34, thanks for following up Alex

2. Snapscrackle                    0                        0                             2
4. JimmyM                           0                        1                             0
6. Damofto                          0                        1                             0
7. Eoghan                            0                        0                             2
9. acaoshes                         0                        0                             2
13. CARA.                            0                        0                             2
14. lordarpad                       1                        1                            0
15. MisterBurns                    0                        0                            2   

5                        7                           19

Taf

Considering the price on the shipping, I would like to change to 2 x 25 litre, as probably just as practical, as will probably ferment in something else, and just bulk age in these. Can someone else update the list for me please?

Damien M

Not Available     €35-37 + 20 delivery    €23 + 20 delivery (up to 2 per 20 ) 
1. Damun                             0                       2                             4
5. Damofto                          0                        1                             0
6. Eoghan                            0                        0                             2
7. AleAlex                            0                        1                             0
8. acaoshes                         0                        0                             2
9. Eoin                               4                        0                             0
10. David.                            0                        0                             2
11. Taf                                 0                        0                             2
12. CARA.                            0                        0                             2
13. lordarpad                       1                        1                            0
14. MisterBurns                    0                        0                            2   

0                       6                          20

Added shipping to headers and reduced my 34l to 2

Taf I removed 1 34 and added 2 25s for you!!